There are much better products out there.

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Apr 29, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Astaxanthin is one of the best supplements to take. Known as the king of carotenoids, it is a powerful antioxidant that can be readily enter the blood brain barrier to protect the brain and prevent neurodegenerative diseases, greatly increase athletic performance and stamina and shorten recovery time, increase eye vision and protect the eye from UV light, protect skin from sunburn (unusual benefits), anti inflammatory, halt cancer growth, improve immune system, never becomes pro-oxidant (even vitamin C can become oxidant), prevent cardiovascular diseases, alleviates carpal tunnel syndrome, joints pain, protects against UV light and others! Personally, the most felt effect is the improvement in athletic performance. I felt that I can tolerate the pain when running at fast constant speed for much longer distance. After exercising, the body is less likely to ache as well. Another important benefit is the prevention of sunburn. I have fair skin and tend to get sunburn easily. After taking Astaxanthin, I can last long hours under the sun without getting burn. Most people will need to take 2-3 softgels (8-12 mg daily) for maximum benefits. Note that Astaxanthin inhibits nitric oxide. Nitric oxide is needed in body but can be harmful if produced in excess. It works as a vasodilator and it is important in men’s penile erections as well. I have tried dosing at 20mg daily and it does affect penile erection. I do not eliminate that the fact that this can be placebo which seems highly unlikely. I bought this bottle when there was a sale back so the astaxanthin per mg actually costs lesser. Other than the decent amount of astaxanthin per serving, the rest of the ingredients are so low that the product is kind of useless. For example, there is 150 mg of ALA when people are taking at least 1000mg of ALA, 70 mg of GLA when people are taking at least 500 mg of GLA, 50mg of DHA when people are taking at 600mg of DHA/EPA or 80mcg of lutein when people are taking 10mg of lutein. The good side is that the softgels are vegan (rare for softgels), small and easy to swallow. Pricewise, it is actually quite expensive. I would recommend taking the individual components separately (Look at how big the fish oil, borage oil or flax oil softgels are in comparison to this). Check out my page for more reviews!

Eye health

Posted by francesjoan on May 03, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I'm 56 drive full time and need this for the constant use of my eyes when I drive. It seems to help with light glare,focus and reduce eye fatigue.

Side effects of Nutrex, OmegaAstin

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 11, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Recently family/friends and myself (from Brisbane, Australia) purchased the Nutrex OmeagAstin product, as it was quite reduced in price... probably due to the Expiry date being 2/12. After a week of taking it we are all experiencing constant diarrhea symptoms (so have stopped for the moment). As a number of us all experience identical symptoms, we were quite mystified as to why no-one in previous reviews had mentioned having diarrhea as a symptom. I have read that diarrhea can be a side-effect of taking flaxseed oil, but considering the small amount in this product, I wouldn't have thought the flaxseed the cause. I was considering returning the 5 bottles I purchased (as per iherbs policy), but as I live outside the USA it wouldn't be worth the shipping costs to do so.

Awesome product at a fab. price

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 26, 2011 | Verified Purchase

My friend said his shoulder pain was much better after a few days on it. I can say I tanned better, burned a little but I haven't been consistent with taking it twice a day. I wouldn't trust any other company but this one, they are into quality++++

great stuff

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 12, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Have already noticed more energy, visual clarity and colors more vivid. Am glad to find a great price at iherb. Joints in hands are less sore than usual from gardening chores. Will buy again

OK @ 2 per day

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 22, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Seems to work for mood. The glass bottle is nice, but much too big. It is hard to fish out the caps that are all stuck together at the bottom of the bottle.

Nutrex, OmegaAstin, 60 V-Gels

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 06, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This is a great product, I have an Auto immune disease & have been searching for a product like this, it allows me to cut back on the Omegas I was taking & to add the Astaxanthin I needed, my foot pain has just about gone & the little Loose bowels are disapearing ,I will reorder.Thanks.

Great formula!

Posted by Scottishdave on Dec 13, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Takes away my fathers joint aches and pains. He was previously was taking the bioastin supreme brand which was great for him and his OA but i believe the oils in this products act synergistically with the astaxanthin for an even more potent product !!

Omega Astin: Good but expensive

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 27, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I was always getting the Healthy Origins brand from you which always smelled rotten after a few days. This one was on sale, so we bought it to compare the smell. Nutrex smells more agreeable, but still a little. So I guess that Astaxanthin does tend to have a smell. Not on sale, Nutrex is just toooooo expensive for us. from Canuckland

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 30, 2011 | Verified Purchase