Miracle cure

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 18, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I use this orally, but also as an amazing tooth paste (keeps tooth pain at bay - let it soak in), and add a bit of thickner (xanthan gum) to make the most awesome skin salve - mix slowly (no air bubble entrapment), preferably with a plastic spoon, which does miracles. One night treatment improved circles under my eyes. Dose not sting in open wounds and will accelerate healing like nothing you've ever seen ... plunged a cut finger directly in the powder .. it healed with no peeling at wound edges (never had that happen before) and no scaring. Do not pre-mix ... it oxidizes VERY quickly as soon as it hits water losing the extra electron that it donates to intracellular processes.

Allergy and acne relief: Sodium Ascorbate Nutribiotic

Posted by AnaSuarez on Dec 17, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I take a lot of vitamin C everyday, around 5 or 6 grams a day as it is the only thing that works well to keep allergies away. I began with vitamin C as Dr. Gerard Judd recommended to prevent cavities and to help remineralize enamel. And after 2 or 3 months of taking it I noticed that my teeth were harder and I didn't notice like sand in my mouth that actually was little parts of my teeth, I haven't felt that anymore. So after about one month having Vit. C with an equal part of sodium bicarbonate I noticed that I didn't have allergies and my acne was far better (I didn't have it) actually whenever I take a lower dose my acne reactivates and allergies as well. And the only difference was that I was taking vit.C and Zinc (zinc plus Vit C works even better for acne) and I'm in my forties and have always had acne. My defenses are so much stronger now that I actually don't have flu nor colds. This ascorbate saves time as you don't need to mix it with bicarbonate as it is in the formula. It tastes like too much to bicarbonate but it is very good and gentle to the stomach. and this form of vit C is far cheaper than the pills. Please press yes if you liked this review and go to my profile to see other honest reviews.

Sodium Ascorbate : a real help for gout sufferers

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 07, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I find this product extremely useful. Within 24 hours I was able to notice the ph change. Within 7 days I noticed a change in my joints, skin, and digestion. On top of it all, I could really feel the difference all this was making. I have suffered from gout for 20+ years and getting a non-acidic form of Vitamin C that also increases body ph to basic is almost a miracle. This is a good natural way to treat gout and get the Vitamin C your body needs on a daily basis.

Not easy to take small doses - be mindful of vit C effects on hormones

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Dec 10, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This dissolves easy and has virtually no taste when mixed with water (slightly saline). However, even one eighth of a tsp is still more than I would like to take so this is not right for me. Suggest any woman struggling with hormonal issues avoid mega doses of vit C - it's a proven aromatase inhibitor and will therefore cause a decrease in estrogen (though obviously that can be advantageous when estrogen is too high). At higher doses it can cause a decrease in both estrogen and progesterone. I've read that amounts over approx 750mg can start to cause hormonal changes that may not be beneficial. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Titrate to Bowel Tolerance for optimal health

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 25, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I use it everyday, put half a tea spoon in a 500ml bottle of filtered water, add a table spoon of raw, organic, Apple Cider Vinegar and thats my drink of choice. Love it now, water doesnt feel the same without those two extra ingredients! Its my tonic of choice. And the white of my eyes is whiter than ever! If that is not a sign of good health, not sure what it is! Now, the amount of Vit C one shopuld take daily depends on the state of your health, healthy people can only take 1 or 2 grams before they reach bowel tolerance (loose bowel movements), while people with cancer, can take 20 or 30 grams and never reach bowel tolerance, the body simply needs all the Vit C it can get to fight the cancer. So, my advise is: titrate to bowel tolerance to find out how much you need, everybody is different and your body knows better how much it needs. This way, you know the right amount for both babies and adults. Just stop or slightly reduce when the stools become too loose for your liking. The official 60mg recommended daily amount, is just to avoid scurvy, and in no way leads to optimal health, it is generally considered a joke in the scientific community, but it wont be changed to a higher level because people would be much healthier and wouldnt fall ill as much, and there is lot of money to be made with illnesses.

Best deal on Vit C available

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 01, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Taking Vitamin C in this form (sodium ascorbate) is the best. I use it to make liposomal C. But it's also quite nice to simply dissolve a little in some water or juice and take it that way. Much more palatable, imho, than Ascorbic acid crystals. In addition, if you have receding gums, or you need it topically - it is a better format in general. Simply wet the powder with some water, make a paste, and apply it to gums. Studies also show that some skin tumors simply fall off using topical C (not to be used with malignant melinoma - at least not alone). So the topical application again makes it superior to ascorbic acid - which burns too much to use for topical. So overall, for most uses of Vitamin C, this is really the best going that I've been able to find on the net.

A miracle product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 15, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I was on vacation and woke up with a tight chest, stuffy nose, and lost my voice. I took this at night before bed and woke up almost completely better the next morning. Normally when I get the tight chest and lose my voice, I feel bad for at least 4 days. I also gave it to my husband and kids and they didn't get sick. I love this stuff!!!

excellent product

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 22, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This is an excellent and affordable product. I started taking it for my sinusitis and asthma problems. It helped reduce my allergic sensitivity and has made it easier for me to breathe. It is cheaper than any alternative available in this country (Australia) and is packed in a more convenient container (vitamin C powder comes in a large sachet in Australia, which is awkward and messy). I noticed that another commenter complained about the lack of sturdiness of the cap/lid on this container, but I have not found that to be a problem. This product also good because it is not calcium ascorbate. I have no desire to take large quantities of calcium, since not only has calcium been recently and scientifically proven to NOT prevent osteoporosis, but it also clogs up your arteries, causes heart disease and affects your joints. Read about Vitamin K2 if you don't believe me.

Good for what ails you

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 25, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Sodium Ascorbate is very soluble in water, and so can be mixed with other things. 'Tis great for first aid. If you get a burn, cut or scrape, and you don't want it to get infected, sprinkle it directly on the would and cover it up with a bandage, been using it for years.

Smooth Vitamin C Supplement

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 10, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This Vitamin C is so far the best I've tried yet. Originally I was prescribed this supplement and it works great! I had a Tonsilitis throat infection and after taking 1 teaspoon everyday for 1 1/2 weeks, it naturally subsided without anti-biotics