Excellent Product for IBS and constipation

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 13, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I am so glad that I have finally found a dietary fibre that works without causing unpleasant bloating and stomach pain. If you suffer from IBS and constipation, and find that soluble fibres don't work for you, then you should give this a try. Be aware that it does not dissolve (insoluble fibre), so is a bit gritty if you drink it mixed in water. It has no taste though, and I find it very useful to add into smoothies as well as baked goods such as muffins or pancakes.

Movin' on thru

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 10, 2010 | Verified Purchase

All my online "research" about leaky gut pointed to non-soluble fiber to avoid feeding the bugs, but it was not easy to find. iHerb not only had it in stock, for a good price, but I received my order the DAY AFTER I ordered it! It is slightly gritty, but VERY fine, almost like talcum powder, so I have found I can actually just put it on my tongue and follow with water, rather than try to get it to dissolve (it won't). Recommend starting out with a small amount (1/4 teaspoon) and working your way up to a full dose. It seems to work VERY differently than any other fiber out there, but does not constipate me like other types of fiber.

excellent source of insoluble fibre

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 01, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Have been trying to heal a leaky gut, and it was best for me to avoid harsh insoluble fibres, even psyllium was too harsh, this however is gentle and regular transit time has returned.

good for leaky gut

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 11, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have read that this is the right fiber to take if you have leaky gut. These are insoluble fibers and those are the ones to take with leaky gut. I take it daily in my (soy) yoghurt. I like it. It has no real taste. You have to really stir it well into the yoghurt, otherwise you get lumps. Sometimes I take some soluble fibers with it.

Great for dysbiosis!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 15, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Suggested by the famous gastrointestinal specialist Dr. Leo Galland. Truly helps reduce the amount of unwanted microbes in the intestinal tract and repairs leaky gut. Also aids in detoxification. Would recommend it!

Perfect

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 02, 2009 | Verified Purchase

A lot of people don't realize that the dietary-fiber guidelines want you to be getting 2 grams of insoluble fiber for every 1 gram of soluble. Psyllium husk is the exact opposite (1 gram of insoluble for every 2 grams of soluble). Plus, it's way easier to get a good amount of soluble fiber from your food choices than insoluble. So Nutricology's product--which is pure insoluble fiber--is a perfect compliment to your diet or supplement.

Cellulose Powder

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 25, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I used powdered cellulose to make high fiber, low fat, low sodium banana bread. The loaf was high and mounded with a beautiful crack running down the middle - really pretty. It tasted great.

Like!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 26, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Much better than the psyllium; doesn't get all bulky so you don't have to drink it fast.

Good Fiber, Bad for Prop 65

Posted by LivingHealthy on Jul 19, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I have issues with leaky gut, so I purchased this after reading the reviews here regarding insoluble fiber and healing leaky gut. I also did some research on the topic. I decided to purchase it to see how if it would help me. So far, so good. I will not continue on this long term however, because of the Prop 65 issue. For the time being, while I get my digestive tract back in order, I will use it. Then, I will return to the Raw Fiber by Garden of Life.

OK product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 16, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Even though it is supposed to be more healthy than Psylium it does not seem to be as good as Psylium at making it easier to eliminate.

1 2 3