Help

Hayfever relief

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 23, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Having suffered bad hayfever the last couple of days, I had tried vitamin C with only limited benefit. I recalled reading that methionine may help, so I had a cap on an empty stomach at night and started to get relief within 10 minutes. I also slept better than I usually do. This is a well-tolerated product for me and is free of magnesium stearate. Methionine is an essential amino acid (your body cannot synthesise it) that is required for the methylation cycle; hormones such as serotonin, melatonin and dopamine are produced as a result of this cycle. The B vitamins are also essential for methylation, however in my case, supplemental methionine seems very beneficial and I have been taking a multi-vitamin (plus extra methylcobalamin B12 occassionally) for years. As with most things, moderation is key. Excess methionine, particularly in the absence of B vitamins can lead to elevated homocysteine, but methionine deficiency can also compromise the methylation cycle, lead to fatty liver disease plus a range of other health issues. Indeed methionine deficiency can also lead to higher homocysteine; here's a quote from Kilmer McCully, one of the pioneers of homocysteine research: 'Methionine deficiency elevates blood homocysteine concentrations because of decreased synthesis of adenosyl methionine and dysregulation of sulfur amino acid metabolism'.

Regained energy to get through the day

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 25, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Past Candida infections left me with an overload of acetaldehyde that left me feeling constantly drained, often requiring long naps in the day. After receiving my iHerb order, I took 500 mg of l-methionine and NAC each and the very next day, I woke up ready to jump out of bed! I went through the day feeling more energetic (but not hyper), and not as though I was "leaking energy". I find that I can take this and / or NAC to achieve this effect, but l-methionine seems to help clear the mind as well.

Very good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 02, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Took b12 injections allmost every day. With L-methionine and Carnitine I need to take b12 only once in the two weeks. I feel a lot better, less tired, less pain. Like the capsules of Twin labs even more, because these are smaller.

Good for lowering histamine

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 11, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I have a lot of benefits from l-methionine. This supplement works within 1 hour. I get relief from my hay fever symptoms. I do not repurchase this product again, and the reason is 'California Proposition 65 Warning'. The product contains lead. That's just a no-go for me! 5 stars for l-methionine, 1 star for this product containing a harming chemical!

Lipid management

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 25, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Use along with L-lysine and L-carnitine for reducing liver fats.

Smell of pickled daikon radish

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 13, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Purchased for liver and leaky gut.

Nutricology, L-Methionine

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 24, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Excellent, very happy.

l-mETHIONINE

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 12, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Brilliant helping you to relax

Great Product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 10, 2013 | Verified Purchase

The product is great, but the smell is a little strong.

Smelly

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 20, 2012 | Verified Purchase

They have a smell to them that I don't like that much which makes them difficult to take.

1 2