Clarification for Reviewer1387214 From Argentina

Posted by Reviewer2798647 on Jul 29, 2012

I just wanted to clarify the folate pathway for the reviewer from Argentina. Folinic acid is a form of folate which is present prior to the MTHFr enzyme, which is the enzyme that forms the nervous system active methylfolate (5MTHF). Many people have a weakness at this enzyme and have sub-optimal production of methylfolate. Therefore, this product is actually the best way to make up the shortfall of methylfolate as it is already in the active CNS preferred form and can cross the blood-brain-barrier. Folinic acid can never fill the shortfall. Also, in a B12 dependant action, methylfolate is converted to tetra-hydro-folate (THF) so methylfolate is not "a path of no return". Hope that helps. Also, my review is based on the efficacy of methylfolate, which I am very low on (I had it tested via a specialist lab).

This product regulates my blood cell size so my organs can heal properly.

Posted by 5606015628994304749 on Feb 14, 2017

I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis several years ago and put on prescription medications for it, supposedly til forever. I tried going off the medications myself once, only to relapse and lose hope. However, still being convinced I wouldn't take these drugs for my whole life and praying about other options, I finally saw a naturopathic doctor who listened to an extensive explanation of my situation, ran several detailed blood tests, and recommended this and a few other supplements. He explained that part of why my colon was not healing was because (as he discovered from one of the blood tests) my red blood cells were too big. This meant they couldn't get down into the little blood vessels with both their own large size and the sufficient oxygen and nutrients necessary to heal my colon. He said that the MTHF will help to regulate my red blood cell size so they shrink a bit, back to normal size range, and then begin the natural healing process. After gradually weaning myself off the prescription medication and beginning the supplement routine, I have been completely drug free and taking the supplements for over three years now with no relapses. Praise God!

QuantreActive Folate

Posted by 5252187669009562757 on Nov 04, 2013

Capsules are small and good to swallow.

It don't like

Posted by Reviewer1387214 on Jan 26, 2012

The best way to take folate is the folinic acid, because the QuatreActive folate is a path without return in the metabolic process.

Cost effective - seems to get the job done

Posted by Reviewer1497090 on Apr 22, 2016

We have used this for a few months now, without any problems. The capsule size is small, so better for kids. We use the 500ug twice a day. This appears to be a very cost effective buy - fraction of the cost of the Thorne 5MTHF product. Apart from needing to take 2 capsules, we don't notice any difference.

active folate