increases bifido bacteria

Posted by freeradicle on May 11, 2015 | Verified Purchase

The probiotic in Securil produces propionic acid. Propionic acid feeds bifdo bacteria and also inhibits yeast. Bifido bacteria are the main beneficial bacteria in the colon. The colon should contain 1 trillion bacteria/ml whil the small intestine should only contain 10000 bacteria/ml. I used to take a lot of lactobacilli supplements. Lactobacilli also live in the small intestine. For people with small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO), lactobacilli supplements can aggravate bloating. Now I take Securil with a bifido bacteria supplement only and it's easier to tolerate. It takes a long time to build up bifido levels by supplementation as the bacteria have to survive all the way through the intestinal tract before they reach the colon. Securil is unique in its action because it feeds endogenous bifido bacteria. It's a very good probiotic to start with for people who are unsure which probiotics would suit them.

My fissure healed

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 10, 2011 | Verified Purchase

These probiotics in addition to sunsweet prunes have helped my fissure to heal. The prunes did not do it alone, so I ordered these based on the NIH research. You do not have to continue taking these to repopulate your system. It has been about 3 months now and I've been regular since, without buying another box. I had chronic constipation, now I have a bowel movement 15 mins after I eat.

excellent

Posted by Taniana on Sep 09, 2014 | Verified Purchase

My brother used it and it made him go to the bathroom several times a day! Now that is great!

excellent

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 13, 2012 | Verified Purchase

it works!! less gas than other products and more regular (after 2 weeks taking them)

a must have in your probiotic line up

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 25, 2010 | Verified Purchase

this probiotic has the ability to pass thru the stomach. it is a must have and it has helped me wiht my candida problem!

Good for SIBO

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 01, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I have SIBO and fructose malabsorbance and use this in combination with 1/2 capsule KyoDophilus. It does work, stool became a bit better and started smelling normal. Definitely recommended if you need to start with probiotics and can't tolerate them. I remove the capsule which has hypromellose, which I can't tolerate as well, and then put it in a beef gelatin cap from Now.

peter allen

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 11, 2015 | Verified Purchase

This is a very good product

Securil

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 03, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This is an excellent product for helping to restore the flora. This is the real deal.

Securil

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 13, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have changed my approach to probiotics; I try to use them in support of naturally occuring bacteria instead of introducing exotic new ones. That is why I've chosen Securil.

Great Stuff

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 17, 2009 | Verified Purchase

My Doctor ordered it. Helps my gut.