The Answer to a Prayer!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 23, 2007 | Verified Purchase

All Lithium Orotate is not created equal. From my extensive research, the Advanced Research Brand (this one) and the Atrium Brand are the best out there. Advanced Research has 4.8 mg. per tablet while Atrium has 5 mg. per tablet. However, I feel that the Advanced Research brand is actually better in many ways because it doesn't have as many extra ingredients added to it AND it is the formula created by Dr. Neiper who was the expert on Lithium Orotate. All that said, I can tell you that this stuff has been an answer to a prayer LITERALLY. For my husband, after 5 years of trying to quit smoking at least 20 times, when he began dosing himself with the appropriate amount of Lithium Orotate, he was FINALLY able to quit tobacco. Proper dosing is absolutely essential as if you dose too low, you will not reap the benefits. The basics are 5 mg. per 50 lbs of body weight. However, if you are like my husband and weigh 190 AND you are trying to quit smoking and/or give up an addiction, you can increase that dose by one or two tablets a day. My husband used 6 a day, spread out and it helped like nothing else. I found out that tobacco has lithium in it and that's one of the reasons it's so sedating to smoke. Now he's down to five a day and it's been almost 21 days off cigarettes. I'm not saying it's been easy for him BUT he says that if he didn't have the Lithium Orotate, he doesn't know what he'd do. For myself, just three a day has made a world of difference to me. I am calmer, much more focused and feel a core sense of control over my emotions. When I do get upset, I don't linger on it and brood as I used to. The ONLY thing I'm doing differently is the Lithium Orotate so it's got to be making the difference in my moods. Dr. Shealy (alternative health doc) loves Lithium Orotate and says that we all need it to preserve brain function. He says you can take as much as 45 mg. a day but I think that'd be too much for most thinner people (if you're basing it on weight.) I simply can't say enough about this wonderful supplement and I will be purchasing more from iherb forever.

Stabilizing my bipolar.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 05, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I've taken just other medication for my bipolar for three years and was starting to have more frequent and severe breakthrough swings. Considering options with my provider she was hesitant to put me on Lithium Carbonate due to side effects and had never heard of Li Orotate. My research into Li Orotate at proper doses reported no side effects and I decided to add this to my other medication before trying other options. I'm happy to say it has stabilized my mood, and lifted some of my apathy and depression to a degree that the other medication alone never did. I can't take antidepressants, (I'm extremely sensitive to them, ex: fish oil has very mild antidepressant properties and sent me into the worst mania of my life), so I've been very pleased to be in "better and more stable spirits" without any side effects. Note: your therapeutic range of Li Orotate cannot be determined with bloodwork because of its route of absorption. The absorption route is also the reason that Li Orotate is taken in much smaller doses than Li Carbonate.

Helps Depression

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 21, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I have been taking lithium orotate for about 8 months and have not suffered a depression episode since. I was concerned about taking lithium but decided in the small dose I am taking, one pill a day, it should be safe. I have suffered with depression most of my life and took antidepressants years ago but decided I would just learn to live with my depression, then I hit perimenopause and my depressive episodes became worse. The lithium orotate has made a world of difference.

I think it helps.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 12, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Been struggling with the ups and downs, all my adult life; I'm fifty-five. I have used this product for about three weeks now and my moods seem much more stable. I take this in combination with Kava. I'm 230#'s and take one pill in the morning and one in the evening. The stabilizing effects were pretty much immediate; within a weeks time, I notice that things seems a lot less intense. FWIW, I don't have a drinking or drug problem but I do enjoy either a quality Bourbon or a decently made Cabernet Franc. :) Wishing all good mental health and hope the above helps.

Regrows brain cells

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 04, 2009 | Verified Purchase

On the advice of Dr. Jonathan Wright and my own orthomolecular physician I started taking Lithium Orotate 14.7 mg daily. My physician takes it himself. I cannot purchase this valuable mineral in Canada. I am grateful for iHerb who will ship. People need to note that the tablets contain 4.9 mg of lithium and I purchased this brand because I value Dr. Nieper's work.

Great Product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 13, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I noticed an immediate difference in my level of stress and anxiety. No drowsiness or lethargy, just a nice relaxed mood. Also took the mental fog away--won't be without this one!

Cyclothymia+Lithium Orotate

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 28, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I have now been taking Advanced Research Lithium Orotate for the past 6 months to minimise the symptoms of Cyclothymia. I am taking 4 tablets a day and now have only minor and manageable Cyclothymic Disorder symptoms. I have imported from iHerb (to Australia) 4 times ( 2, 3, 4 and 4 bottles). The last 2 orders were intercepted and opened by Australian Customs. (They are known for being very difficult sometimes). A note was inserted in each parcel which read in part:- "Opened for inspection - No Items have been removed by Customs... Customs found nothing of concern in your parcel... and did not remove any items". I can assume from this that Lithium Orotate is legal to import into Australia. I have searched the Australian Customs web site and could not find this information written anywhere. My second order for 3 bottles was the fastest delivery I have ever had from the USA. USA to the Southern part of Australia in 4 days.

Works great for anger control and depression

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 14, 2008 | Verified Purchase

My husband had used Prozac to control his depression. I think he might be borderline bi-polar. His depression is not the kind where he feels sad all the time, instead he hates the world and everything angers him...it makes him feel flooded with angry frustration and wanting to be left alone. This supplement helps to stabilize his temper so he can enjoy family activities, he normally wouldn't be able to deal with. He adjusts the amount he takes with how he is feeling. It takes a couple weeks to kick in and needs to be taken daily to work effectively. He hasn't noticed any side effects while taking this. If you or a loved one has depression and anger rages...you might want to give this a try. I can always tell when he hasn't taken his pills for a couple days...it takes about a week of taking the lithium daily for him to get back to normal.

Incredible Results !!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 12, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have been on Lithium Carbonate..by prescription..for a couple of years now for Bipolar Disorder. I was on a lower dosage than prescribed due to side effects and lowering my creative side ( I am an artist). Due to finacial problems I do not have a Doctor, and no prescriptions..so I thought I'd give the Lithium Orotate a try. I am only taking 1\4 tab 2 times a day, am not having problems with depression, no side effects and I have a new hunger to create ! I do NOT recomend this form of treatment to everyone with Bipolar Disorder, with out a MD's recomendation, but I was desperate and took a chance..and it works great for me !

noticable mood stabilizer and improver

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 12, 2008 | Verified Purchase

After about 5 days of following the recommended dosage on this product, I noticed a significant change in thinking patterns, overall well-being, and fewer mood swings. There is nothing else I can point to that would account for the changes, and they've been sustained. Thank you!