Doesn't smell of lilacs

Posted by MentaPiperita on May 05, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I love lilacs and I bought this soap mostly for the scent but I was hugely disappointed, it doesn't smell of lilacs at all! In fact, it has almost no scent, it smells just like natural unscented soap, not the cosmetic soapy smell, I mean artisan soap, i.e. a bit like grease and oil. It's not unpleasant, but since I was hoping to have my bathroom smelling of lilacs I was upset. However, apart from the smell, this soap is very nice. It's not drying and produces a rich, creamy lather. Plus, you can feel the salts and minerals. It's hard to explain but the texture is as if the soap contained powder, it's not gritty but you can definitely feel the mineral goodness. I give it 3 stars because of the scent disappointment, but if you don't mind it's a really nice soap.

Good product for a good price

Posted by Reviewer2808941 on Jul 09, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Good product for a good price

Lovely Fragrance

Posted by 4690013042331941166 on Aug 06, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I love lilacs, so this was a soap I wanted to try. I would like the fragrance to be a little more, but does the job and cleans well.

Lilac in colour, but not in smell

Posted by 4898239144045850131 on Mar 09, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I love the smell of lilac, but it might just be too elusive to capture in a bar of soap. This is a large bar and would certainly last a good while, and the colour is indeed lilac, but the smell is simply sweet and pleasant. It does foam very well, though, a rich, creamy lather which is lovely. Still, I was expecting a little more.

so-so

Posted by jasminem on Apr 01, 2015 | Verified Purchase

a good soap let down by insufficient scent.