Great band, quality and price

Posted by Bhakti on Feb 08, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Scientific studies have shown amla to be effective in preventing/ameliorating the toxic effects of hepatotoxic agents like ethanol, paracetamol, carbon tetrachloride, heavy metals, ochratoxins, hexachlorocyclohexane, antitubercular drugs and hepatotoxicity resulting from iron overload. Amla is also reported to impart beneficial effects on liver function and to mitigate hyperlipidemia and metabolic syndrome. The hepatoprotective actions of amla appear to be mediated by its free radical scavenging, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and modulation of the xenobiotic detoxification process and lipid metabolism. (Thilakchand KR1, Mathai RT, Simon P, Ravi RT, Baliga-Rao MP, Baliga MS, 2013). Eclipta alba is ultimately a source of vitamin C which also provides many benefits to hair health, rejuvenating and encouraging growth. I'm in love with Pure Planet's tablets of Amla.

Excellent organic vitamin C

Posted by Reviewer2882806 on Nov 01, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Iherb hasn't yet changed the label, but the product has changed. This amla is now organic and the amount of vitamin C has changed. It now claims 10 tablets have 112% DV. I wish the label would state the actual amount of vitamin C in each tablet. This seems high quality and effective. Excellent glass bottle, bottleneck and cap. The plastic cap even has foil underneath. The bottle contains a piece of cotton and a freshness absorbent. I prefer capsules, but this is still a great full spectrum natural C.

Natural C

Posted by Reviewer3104349 on Apr 08, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Amla is recommended by Nourishing Traditions; infinitely better than synthetic vitamin C. No side effects, etc. It doesn't take 10 tablets, like the bottle says. 2 is better.

Great skin!

Posted by Reviewer2807939 on Sep 28, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I really don't know why, but aftwer using this for about 4 weeks now, my skin is glowing! Love it!

Good brand, good product.

Posted by TheHeArtsprout on Nov 09, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I think this brand is great, and this product is one of them. I recomend to take a smaller amount in the beginning, because I got a allergic reaction (itching and blemishes on my knees) when I took to many (for me). Now I take 3 in the morning and 2-3 later in the day and that works just great.

ok

Posted by Reviewer2717625 on Jan 02, 2012 | Verified Purchase

it's ok, but if this is the nature most powerful vitamin c-source, I do not understand that you have to take 10 tablets a day..

Highly recommended

Posted by Reviewer1507018 on Sep 12, 2010 | Verified Purchase

After I started taking this product I don´t catch colds that often anymore. But if I start feeling sick with a runny nose/sore throat i take 6-10 of theese. Then I usually feel much better the next day. This is a great vitamin-c product!

Excellent source of vitamin C

Posted by Reviewer2302819 on Mar 05, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I actually feel better after taking this! I will never take ascorbic acid again. This is great.

Rich in SOD, and much more...

Posted by Reviewer2975168 on Sep 06, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This good stuff will likely increase your overall well being, and will do you good due to the fact that it is rich in the powerful antioxidant Superoxide dismutase. 2-3 tablets each day will do.

Posted by Reviewer1262696 on Oct 17, 2011 | Verified Purchase

You can actually see and sense the pureness of this product and knowing its quality makes it nice to take!