Big help for my cholesterol level

Posted by CaMiniGram on Apr 25, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I had tried red rice yeast, niacin, fish oil and reservatrol to get my cholesterol levels down. I really didn't want to have to resort to prescription statins. My family doctor suggested I try Triplichol. It brought my levels within normal range within about 4 months. I've been on it for 2 or more years and continue to have success with it. While it's kind of pricey, when you consider there are 4 different supplements in each packet, it makes it a little easier to step up to it.

Not bad, Not great.

Posted by whimzykat on Mar 27, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have borderline high cholesterol that cannot be treated by statin drugs. I get that rare but serious side effect of muscle pain and weakness. My osteopath mentioned that her parents had good results from Triplichol, and it is about half the cost of the prescription fish oil that is available, so I tried it. I took the medication for about nine months. Blood work at the end of the nine months showed a slight rise in my cholesterol. Admittedly, it could be my fault. Over the holidays I got a little bingey, gained ten pounds, smoked, and didn't exercise. For these reasons, I believe that the medication may have been as effective as the prescription fish oil, but since being back on the fish oil, exercising, and watching my diet, the peripheral side effects of high cholesterol (night-time numbness in the hands among others) have subsided. I will not be taking the supplement any longer, however, if I get things under control I may return to it in the future.

Good product

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 28, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I like it because it cuts down on my researching each supplement individually.