10 stars. CURED my chronic fatigue.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 09, 2013 | Verified Purchase

As far as I can tell, just 1 of these in the A.M. combined with a cheap 50mg vitamin B6 in the P.M. with dinner CURED my long-standing chronic fatigue of many years. Read up about jiaogulan/gynostemma. It's an amazing adaptogen, cheaper & better & with more goodies than ginseng. And I don't get that jittery excessive energy that some other people got. Just good, smooth, constant energy all day long to do what needs doing. I don't even crave caffeine anymore. Now that I'm not floating around aimlessly & have gotten my ass off the couch, I might get their rhodiola to help deal with the stress of actually dealing with modern living. (By the way, I also put Hyperion Herbs' He Shou Wu in my morning tea (not on iHerb) to help build my deeper "jing" energy reserves, so that might also contribute to my being happy & zingy; whereas jiaogulan is more for everyday-expenditure type "chi" energy, which is what I believe got me actually moving.)

Great Adaptogen for Blood Pressure and Stress

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 29, 2010 | Verified Purchase

If you could take just one herb in the world, take this one. Check for it on the internet. This is an adaptogen. It means, as its name says, that it adapts to particular needs. If you have lower blood pressure, it highers it. If you have high, it lowers it. The same with blood sugar, cholesterol, anxiety, etc... I see it reflected for example in that I have felt a very good mood in tough times, stress doesn't hit as hard.

Amazing!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 19, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Amazing vitalising herb; immediate effect. My life long health problems have led me to research a wide variety of natural alternatives. I am on Adrenal Glandular (which I might need for the rest of my life). I get easily exhausted, and when I do my dopamine goes down and serotonin up (for genetic reasons). It was so difficult to find something that raises dopamine without raising serotonin. Jiaogulan does just that (in general; not just for me)! It also modulates immune activity, so it is helpful for autoimmune disease. Amazing plant, and I've only started to explore it. For the first time in three years I could go without the adrenal glandular and not get the adrenal crisis symptoms! I'm in awe. I don't know how it works in long term though; keep my fingers crossed that it does.

Best price / value ratio Jiaogulan !

Posted by Hungarian on Feb 08, 2012 | Verified Purchase

250 mg 12:1 extract equivalent to 3,000 mg fresh whole herb. Non GMO! Jiaogulan (aka Gynostemma pentaphyllum) is a natural adaptogen. Adaptogens help your body maintain itself. Jiaogulan is used for high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and improving heart function. It is also used for strengthening the immune system, increasing stamina and endurance, increasing resistance to environmental stress (as an “adaptogen”), improving memory, and preventing hair loss. Other uses include treatment of poor appetite, cough, chronic bronchitis, ongoing stomach pain (chronic gastritis), pain and swelling (inflammation), ulcers, constipation, stress, gallstones, obesity, cancer, diabetes, trouble sleeping (insomnia), backache, and pain. Jiaogulan as an anti-aging agent, antioxidant, and detoxifying agent.

Better then Ginseng

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 12, 2007 | Verified Purchase

Great for heart problems, blood pressure, and High cholesterol list goes on and on. I haven’t had high blood pressure in years.

Indispensable

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 26, 2011 | Verified Purchase

82 Saponins (3x as much as ginseng), great for NO production, and SOD activity!

A subtle energy booster.

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 14, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I started using this herb when I quit drinking coffee. Caffeine just does not agree with me. Two cups and I'm grinding my teeth. When I didn't have my coffee the resulting headaches were intense. I take two Jiaogulans in the morning with a multi-vitamin and I have energy all day.

Works for energy and reflexes

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 14, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I read a study that these are effective for increasing reflex response for athletic activities, etc. Unfortunately, too well for me !!! I took a pill 45 min before a basketball game (I play in a league) and could feel my reflexes and motor skills were like on turbo, almost too quick. Within 10 minutes of playing, I tore a calf muscle when springing up too forcefully for a jump shot (even after my normal warm ups and stretching). Couldn't play again for about 3 months until healed. Another time I took about a quarter of a pill, and only noticed quicker reaction time playing basketball without the "extreme" action like calf incident. But...I let my guard down, a year later took a pill just before playing, and tore the other calf muscle. I could feel the muscle reacting too quickly as I played. If you take and dont "engage" in an activity or sport that requires quick body movements, you would probably never even notice the boosting of this reflex effect. But if you take just prior to an action sport, be careful. I've played basketball for many decades, never tore any muscle ever, accept the twice when I took these pills. In the future, if I do take these before playing a sport, I would take maybe a quarter of the pill max.

paradise herb jiaoguian

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 26, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I FIND THAT I HAVE MORE ENERGY AND AM MORE ALERT. GREAT PRODUCT.

Love these

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 28, 2016 | Verified Purchase

This is an amazing supplement. It brings you to life and gives you so much energy to make it through the day. I don't even notice the Chronic Fatigue anymore. Won't be without them. I've tried a lot of other Adaptogens but none of them even compare to this product.