Supports liver health

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 20, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I have been using milk thistle seed extract for many years (ever since I've had to take perscription heart medication) because I've read that it helps protect the liver from toxin build-up which can come from many sources - one of which is perscription drugs. I chose this particular brand because I like to use a product that is "naturally grown or ethically wild crafted without the use of chemical fertilizers, pesticides or preservatives" and because it has 80% silymarin and because it is totally vegetarian. Dawn

I Actually Bought This For My Dog

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 27, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Based on information at the Canine Epilepsy Network, I added milk thistle to my dog's diet to try and protect his liver from being damaged by his seizure medication. His vet looked at me like I was nuts when I asked if it would be ok to try, but gave me his blessing. I'll post again after his next blood tests when we know if his elevated liver enzymes have gone back down.

no fillers

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 19, 2014 | Verified Purchase

its hard to find any products without the ubiquitous fillers - microcrystalline cellulose can be a big problem for anyone on thyroid meds, but paradise herbs have done it, brilliant

quick

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 30, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Take milk thistle a few times a year. I like to have tea in the evening, and normally caffeine does not affect me at all. I can tell the milk thistle is working because after about two weeks (2 caps a day) I start to get jittery from caffeine. When I back off from the milk thistle, the jitters go away. I interpret this to indicate that my liver is processing caffeine faster than usual. I've given up alcohol and chocolate, I'm keeping my tea!

Liver Support

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 02, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Good product to use when you over-indulge (I take with food/drink or shortly afterwards) to assist your liver. Product has minimal excipients and is a fairly potent milk thistle formula.

Good Product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 15, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I found this product to be of high quality and very useful in aiding liver function.

helps liver

Posted by freeradicle on Oct 14, 2017 | Verified Purchase

This is a full spectrum milk thistle seed extract with no fillers. Helps protect, detoxify and repair liver.

good value

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 08, 2008 | Verified Purchase

seems to be a good price for the potency and quality. not sure how to evaluate its effectiveness however being a relatively heavy drinker i can say that each time i have had blood work done nothing has ever come back to indicate any sort of liver pathology.

staying healthy on chemo

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 18, 2007 | Verified Purchase

This is part of my regime for staying healthy during chemo. I feel great.

Havent tried yet