Amazing!

Posted by Reviewer2776030 on Aug 20, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I have used this product on and off for the past few years for stress. It is very powerful in lowering elevated cortisol at night and I BELIEVE it also lowers my excess estrogen where so many other products fail. Recenetly I hit menopause,and exerienced hot flushes - very weird sensation. My estrogen is sky high comparted to my progesterone, which was zero at last count. I had not been tsaking this product and then I remembered it. In the midle of a sleepless night I took a capsuel. Within 30 minutes I fell asleep again after trying everything (5HTP, melatonin, calcium, magnesium,. lemon balm). Nothing had worked until I took the holy basil. The flush also stopped and did not come back! I am in awe of this product for all adrenal related issues from stress to menopause.

Calming and Healing

Posted by ellelisw on Oct 10, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Holy basil calms my thoughts and relieves irritability during stressful times. I tend to be a bit on the adrenal side of things, easily irritated, and holy basil doesn't make me sleepy if I take it during the day, yet it helps me relax and sleep better if I take it at night. I find I'm in a better mood and less emotional as well. To top things off, Holy Basil also lessened my asthma symptoms and I feel more healthy. If I could have only one herb, this is it! The Paradise Herbs brand is also excellent; I get better results with it than other brands so it seems to be more potent. As always, I'm very happy with iHerb's service.

Holy Basil is a very helpful adaptogen

Posted by Reviewer1124651 on Sep 20, 2009 | Verified Purchase

In addition to having various antioxidents, Holy Basil is an adaptogen, which is an herb which helps the body adapt to bad things like stress.In this way it is like the moat famous adaptogen, ginsing.But Holy Basil might have more antioxidents. I take 2 of these caps daily, morning and noon, especially if I'm stressed or fighting an illness.

Dosage not as stated

Posted by Reviewer3117341 on Aug 29, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Although on iherb's website it says the dosage of this product is 500mg per capsule, when I received the item it was actually only 250mg and the capsules are smaller than previous orders of the same order. Seems to be a mistake somewhere...

always good quality

Posted by Reviewer2065993 on Aug 13, 2012 | Verified Purchase

4 because the amount in each pill vaires...

great product!!

Posted by Reviewer2841015 on Dec 31, 2009 | Verified Purchase

As a stress reliever, this stuff REALLY works!!

good stuff

Posted by Reviewer1536599 on Apr 03, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Great. just what the doc prescribed and kind of hard to find. fast shipping good prices

Works fantastic. 10/10

Posted by 5380719053565566817 on Dec 23, 2016 | Verified Purchase

After half an hour of taking a capsule I noticed everything seemed brighter & I felt more alert. I find the Holy Basil Caps to be better than the Holy Basil, Lotus & Bacopa caps as they make me tired by the end of the day. FYI For people who are worried about contaminants Paradise Herbs state they source their Holy Basil from an isolated and pristine environment at the base of the Himalayans, Will definitely continue using.

It really helps with anxiety

Posted by 4866828953990272149 on Sep 08, 2016 | Verified Purchase

It really helps with anxiety

Holy Basil

Posted by 4635351717311662925 on Jul 11, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Good size tablet to swallow.May be helping me to sleep. Not sure about lowering the cholesterol,as I have yet to get a blood test.