Not a miracle, but it helps a lot in SLIGHTLY higher doses (4+/dy) .

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 02, 2011 | Verified Purchase

If you are looking for something to effortlessly 'melt' off your weight, or give you the motivation you lack, you need to stop looking and just work on body image; there is no such thing. The safety of hoodia IS a mystery so makers of the supplement tend to shoot low for their suggested dose. I have read that you need at least 1 - 1 1/2 grams of it per day. I know that I need at least a gram (two twice a day), and a third dose late at night is helpful when I am being a night owl. BTW, people have reported completely losing their appetite if they take a massive dose, however for your liver's sake, I would not recommend that. Remember this is NOT food, it's NOT a nutritional supplement, it's a natural drug. Your body is going to need to break it down and eliminate it. IT ISN'T THE SAME THING AS NUTRITION - so respect it like medicine and be careful! Also, it works better if you take it regularly so that levels in your body stays constant. If you stop or, for instance, forget the second dose in the afternoon, the munchies are going to overtake you like a wave because the first dose made you eat less and your body will notice the drop in calories and try to make up for it - just like it always does when you cut back or stop eating. THE VALUE OF HOODIA IS THAT IT CAN CURB THIS 'DIETERS HUNGER' AND GET YOU OVER THE CRITICAL FIRST STAGES OF WEIGHT LOSS. Think about taking Banaba Leaf too - it levels out blood sugar - good if you are or suspect that you are insulin resistant. Hope this helps!

It does indeed lessen appetite

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 28, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This will make you less hungry. It is a good proactive appetite suppressant for trying to lose weight and it also prolongs hunger for long days when you have to eat later than you would like. I certainly have been impressed, especially because I was a skeptic.

Hoodia works for me

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 08, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This is the 2nd package of Hoodia that I ordered from iHerb. It works for me controlling my appetite. It's been my observation that the body adopts to whatever substance I've been taking, and the substance stops being so effective. Therefore I change from one to another to fool the body somewhat. So far I've lost 1 size and keep on going. I take 2 caps of Hoodia before each meal 3 times a day.

takes away hunger feelings

Posted by MikaelP on Jan 26, 2010 | Verified Purchase

For me hoodia not only reduces hunger sensations or sugar cravings, it also balances and maintains my energy level, noticed that almost immediately.

Not as Hungary

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 18, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I've lost 18 lbs in 8 weeks. I don't feel hungary or jittery. I eat a very sensible breakfast & lunch of shreaded wheat, almonds, raisins,and apple or bannana and at dinner I eat half a portion of whatever I did before. I now make it a habit to get to bed earlier( no late snacks ) and I do even cheat sometimes on the diet. But I feel much better, have more energy during the day and have not felt like I have to control myself..I think the Hoodia does that.

Best Product for Price

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 11, 2009 | Verified Purchase

It's been one week of taking Paradise Herbs hoodia and I immediately noticed no desire for late night snacking. Still hungry at meal times, but get fuller, faster. No cravings for sweets or bread. Only give the product 4 stars as the mgs are pretty low per pill, and I have to take 3 pills before every meal to get results. So, get the bigger bottle, you will go through them fast.

Very Effective

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 13, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Have taken this product for some time, and when I was without it for a few weeks, I could tell the difference.

Great!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 28, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I love this product. It helps curb my appetite especially when trying to lose weight. Keep me on track and eating healthy. takes away the sugar and carb crave! would definitely buy again.

GREAT

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 04, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I've reordered this several times. It's the best hoodia available.

Perfect