Peakfresh USA Produce Bags

Posted by 5093345245707036189 on Sep 22, 2013 | Verified Purchase

These are the best in keeping your produce fresh. Make sure the produce is chilled and dry before bagging. Also squeeze out all the air before tying off. Start from the bottom of the bag and move to the top. The bottom tends to get a hole if you aren't careful. I used to another brand, but I have using these for the past 4 years.

These bags are saving me money - no more waste

Posted by HealthyAussie on Jun 18, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I love these bags. They make fruit and vegetables last so much longer. I have a bunch of kale in my refrigerator and it is still fresh and bright green after two weeks. These bags save you money as there is no waste. I no longer have to throw stuff out.

Great Product

Posted by 4895790020417870804 on Sep 29, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I used to be able to buy this type of product in the grocery stores, but now you can't find them. I'm convinced that grocery stores done't want you to have them because it dramatically extends the life of fruits and vegetables. I went on a 9-day trip and when I got back, all the vegetables that I had in the bags look just a good as when I left. That's awesome. It's a great product and I'll always have them on hand.

Saves food from Singapore's humidity from rotting too quickly

Posted by YoungerNextYear on Jun 18, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I live in Singapore. It's hot and humid. Every time the fridge door is open, the humidity clashes with the cold air and causes EXTREME moisture in the fridge - more so than drier climates. I have tried a lot of strategies over the years to keep the excess moisture off my veggies like wrapping them in kitchen towel (paper towel) or physically wiping the veggies dry. I found that this product helps the food stay fresher. I agree with other customer comments about ensuring the air is out of the bag first. Just squeeze the air out as much as possible. Definitely recommend this product. If you found my review helpful, PLEASE click "YES" button. Thank you :)

Produce Bags, Reusable

Posted by 5022755954966804108 on Aug 22, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This is a very good thing and I love that can be reusable. It's really environment friendly !

Works as advertised

Posted by 5744818644961466028 on Jan 20, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I haven't been using these for very long, but they do what they say they will. I always had a hard time using a bunch of bananas before they got too mushy and spotty for my tastes, but the bags do make my produce last noticeably longer. One small problem is that the bags seem to tear pretty easily; my banana bag already has a few holes in it, though I don't know if that affects how the bags work.

seems working but unknown its effectiveness as compared to normal gladwrap bags

Posted by Royalqueen on Aug 06, 2015 | Verified Purchase

i placed two fresh and wipe dry tomatoes unto the bags and put in the fridge for 2 weeks. they remain fresh and radiant but not as good looking as day 1. i think the bag preform the function of prolong the freshness of fruits and vegg but not for a very long period of time like months as others stated, at least not in my case. given the price I will not buy again because i do not want to stack my fridge with so many supposed eat fresh fruits and vegg.

It works!

Posted by Katarinatan on Mar 03, 2015 | Verified Purchase

These bags work like magic!! I love them. They have extended the life of all my fruits and vegetables in the fridge to some ridiculous length of time. Eg I have once kept plums in one of these bags for over a mth and they were still good and fresh. I keep all my fragile organic salad mix vegetable in them for a week. Even my skeptical dad asks me for them.

To time consuming

Posted by 4684294166063330249 on Feb 28, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I hate all the steps you have to do just to use it properly and guarantee freshness. You also have to make sure all the fruit is dried before storing and that can take to long. I will not repurchase and I still about 6 bags left. A waste for sure.

Buyer Beware

Posted by Reviewer1939196 on Dec 22, 2015 | Verified Purchase

These bags are advertised as being 12" by 16". In truth, the bottom measures just 6" but will expand only in the top quarter to 12" and the length measured only 15". I bought them to replace the 2 gallon baggies that I have used for years to perfectly store clean lettuce. Unfortunately, those have been discontinued. The peakfresh bags have a very unpleasant odor which will certainly transfer flavor. I am returning these at my own expense because, although iherb will issue credit, they will not incur the shipping expense since they did not manufacture the product. Is Iherb not responsible for the incorrect description and not checking a produce keeper for bad odors?