Help

Add the secret ingredient -- half a teaspoon of cocoa

Posted by KentuckyWildcat on Sep 24, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I was looking for a substitute to black tea or coffee with a similar depth of flavor. I tried Pero, using 2 heaping teaspoons to a 15 oz mug of hot water. I found it to be somewhat pleasant but thin and lacking in body and dimension. What I missed were the slight acidic and bitter undertones present in a good black tea or a coffee. To recoup those flavors I tried adding half a teaspoon of a good Dutch-processed cocoa -- and it worked! There is no cocoa/chocolate/mocha flavor at all, just slightly bitter, acidic notes underscoring the roasted coffee flavors on top, with more body and roundness. A half-teaspoon of demerara sugar and I am all set.

Pero

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 26, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Since Postum has been discontinued, we tried this product and found it to be very good. I put sugar and milk in it enjoy drinking it.

Thanks

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 20, 2011 | Verified Purchase

thank u , excellent and very accurate!

Good coffee alternative

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 15, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I am addicted to coffee but had to cut down and this is a great alternative which apparently offers health benefits too! Feels like you are having a coffee.

Okay

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 12, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Quite okay alternative to coffee, even though it didn't quite taste like coffee... Maybe a weak form for... Anyhow, it was okay for a caffeine free alternative.

instead of coffee

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 07, 2012 | Verified Purchase

tastes great......I don't miss coffee

plutot bon

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 12, 2014 | Verified Purchase

alors oui ça n'a pas exactement le gout du café c'est sur mais on en est pas trop loin.Pour moi c'est plutot une bonne alternative

Like it, but prefer dark roast

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 29, 2012 | Verified Purchase

It is a not so strong coffee substitute, and as a previous coffee addict, I prefer something dark and strong. The best is actually Cafix, but the PERO Dark Roast comes close to what I like.

Pero Is Ok But It's No Postum

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 12, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Since Postum left the market, I haven't found a suitable instant substitute. Pero is ok but I find it bitter so I have to load it up with sugar and creamer. It has a good texture, much better than freeze dried Cafix. Still looking for something tastier.

No flavor

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 13, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Absolutely no flavor. Not even with double amounts. Tea would work better. So I am back to teecino. I need some flavor even if it is not real coffee. Disappointing.

1 2