Help

A cure for everything

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 27, 2008 | Verified Purchase

In India the medecine man will tell you: you have a cold, take triphala, you have an uset stomach ,take triphala, you feel out of sort, take triphala, you have a pimples take triphala.The cure for all.While it may not quite cure everything, it will cleanse, strenghten and protect your body against environmental ills and help you prevent cancer.The compound in Triphala contain high levels of antoxidant tannins and elagic acids. My daughter has halted her psoriasis with the daily use of triphala, though not cured since it returnes when she stops taking it.

very astringent

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 06, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This is not the normal proportion used for triphala. It has the right herbs but the proportion is wrong. Because it is very astringent it is very drying. I felt like it does tone and strengthen the colon but because most constipation is from vata derangement and one of it's main qualities is dryness this compouned my problem. It would probably be good if your constipation was due to kapha derangement because of the toning effect. Normal triphala has a more sour taste.

Good product, great value for money!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 09, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Works great for healthy bowels. I take 2 pills before I go to bed and 2 more first thing in the morning (on an empty stomach) and find that's optimal for me. No bloating, no cramping! I get an increased feeling of lightness and well being. Note of caution: Triphala is astringent (from an Auyrvedic perspective) so it can be a bit too drying for Vata people (which are already too dry and hence more prone to constipation). If you are Vata, don't rely on Triphala long term as it may dry out the colon even more. Try 2 tsp of ghee in a cup of warm milk instead - take this before going to bed and you will get the same cleansing effect without aggrivating the Vata dosha.

great ayurvedic supplement

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 13, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Excellent very mild laxative, healing to the bowel, never will cause dependency. Stools look healthy with this stuff.

Help for those with Rectoseal

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 14, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Two tablets before bed and two again in the morning makes you a very regular girl (or guy) : )! It tones the bowel because of it's astringent qualities -- think of it like excercise for the rings of muscle that contract and relax to move the bowel contents along. Because of this formula I am a happily, regular girl!

Better feeling of well-being

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 13, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Triphala is an auyrvedic herbal formula that aids in colon elimination. While not a laxative it provides detoxifying and rejuvenating effects on the major eliminative channel in the body, the colon. Initially it reaches the superficial layers and addresses damage due to poor diet, infection and parasites. It takes 2-3 months to see deeper regeneration of tissue repair leading to improvements in hair and nail and skin luster. I am in the early stages but am enthused with the results and will continue for a few more months. I will probably do this twice a year to achieve the deeper cleansing effects.

good product

Posted by jasonjs on Nov 07, 2008 | Verified Purchase

it works to regulate and tone the colon. I think it actually helped with my acne because of its anti-fungal properties

Good Digestive Balancer

Posted by nmbenzo on Jan 14, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I found that this product worked extremely well to help maintain regularity. As many of the other reviews state, it's very gentle and you hardly notice anything different other than the fact that it produces more natural feeling bowel movements. I take the suggested two pills before bed and two pills upon waking, and I notice that if I have a large dinner, I don't feel bloated and uncomfortable the next morning. I take this triphala in combination with a probiotic, chlorella and spirulina, and astaxanthin. Before consuming this product I would generally have one bowel movement per day unless I was under stress. After two weeks on this product, I am experiencing larger more natural bowel movements about one to three times per day, giving me a sense of well-being. Overall, I find this a worthy addition to keep in my supplement stack. Will buy again!

LOVE IT

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 05, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have had digestive problems for the past dozen years -- IBS and h-pylori and have tried many herbal remedies (after having expensive prescriptions fail to solve the problems). I simply take two of these every morning and rarely have issues. I won't be without these. Great service and prices, too.

Cleansing

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 25, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Excellent product in that it is very gentle...I don't really notice what it is doing, but I feel so much better. I use this in conjunction with Aloe Vera, Coconut Oil caps and green teas.