Dramatically Improved My Rosacea-related Redness and Acne!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 25, 2016 | Verified Purchase

The Pukka Detox tea was recommended to me by a woman who trained at Bastyr, to clear up the perpetual, severe acne and facial redness I was having from Rosacea. I drink it daily now because it really does keep my skin much clearer. I also find drinking lots of water is important, but water alone was not enough to clear the maddening Rosacea redness or acne in my case. There is also an effective but expensive French face cream called Tragic Magic, by Votre Vu, which I find miraculously clearing of Rosacea flare ups. Luckily a little goes a long way. And since I now live in a very dry climate at high altitude (under intense sun), I need the face cream and earth-friendly zinc sunscreen as well as the tea, but between the three (and needless to say, lots of water), I can keep my rosacea under control quite effectively, even here. So nice to have clear skin, and by more natural means! (The doctor's gel burned and did not even work well.) I ran out of Pukka Detox tea a couple weeks ago - forgot to order from iHerb in time! - and my face broke out badly. So if Rosacea is your problem, I would say try a box of Pukka Detox Tea and see if you don't discover a big difference. If the redness doesn't clear up completely, try adding an earth-friendly zinc sunscreen and/or Tragic Magic. (Some zinc sunscreens harm the remaining coral reefs.) One more thought, although I am not medically trained: since Pukka Detox tea makes such a big difference, detoxing seems to help Rosacea; so I theorize that regular exercise, less red meat, and perhaps other detoxifiers, like milk thistle, might also help. (If you try the milk thistle or its derivative, silimarin, however, only take a very small dose for the first couple weeks! I did the amount the box recommended and got very ill because my liver dumped out huge amounts of toxins from having taken many medications earlier in life - they all washed into my bloodstream at once, and my body could not clear them out fast enough to keep me feeling well. Several days of misery ensued. Word to the wise. Go gently at first with all detox processes and products if you might have a lot of toxic buildup in your liver.) I have had no bad reaction or side effects from the Pukka Detox tea, however. It is a little sweet for my taste because of the anise, since I avoid sugar; but it won a taste award, so most people must enjoy the sweetness. I don't find it unpleasant to the point of being hard to drink. The flavor is mild. I usually add a teabag of Nettle anyway, for inflammation, so between the two the taste is not too sweet at all - quite enjoyable. Two thumbs up for the Pukka Detox Tea - my dermatologist needs to know about it!

Good

Posted by shepajulia on Dec 27, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Not bad. You can drink

I like it.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 29, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I like to drink this tea in the summer time. It's refreshing for me.

good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 14, 2017 | Verified Purchase

tasty and very good

Delicious

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 11, 2017 | Verified Purchase

It tastes really nice and smells good too.however,I can't noticed any difference after drinking this detox tea. It is a mild detox tea for my opinion. I will rephrase this tea for daily drinking tea. P.S. I drink this tea four times per week.

Different

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 25, 2017 | Verified Purchase

This is the most unusual of all the flavors I have tried. It is more herbal and less sweet than the others, the fennel comes through clearly - and I do think perfectly named as Detox. Try it and see if you agree.

Great & tasty

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 30, 2017 | Verified Purchase

good product

Very good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 13, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Live this

HIGHLY RECOMMEND

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 16, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Great tasting and at a good price also ... no 2 Pukka's taste the same but all very pleasant!!!

I love it

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 06, 2016 | Verified Purchase

This tea is very refreshing! A very nice quality. The taste of aniseed, fennel and cardamom is well-blended and I will definitely re-order in the future!

1 2 3 4