Totally healthy--but tastes AWFUL

Posted by Reviewer3269292 on Jan 04, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I am very disappointed as this is SO healthy but it tastes so terrible I can't stand to drink it. I am not a "picky" person, have been a vegetarian for over 20 years, a vegan for 11, and have had many a bad vege health drinks. This is one of the worst! And I am quite tolerant of such things. I can't imagine anyone thinking this tastes good. I almost gag getting the last part of a glass down. Bummed.

Absolutely Horrible

Posted by Reviewer2781008 on Nov 05, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I wasn't even able to get through one serve of this stuff. It was revolting. Firstly there were enormous chunks in it - I think they might have been fruit. Some of the powder didn't dissolve at all and settled at the bottom. The taste itself was so sickeningly sweet it was unbearable. I threw the rest in the compost bin. Total waste. Not recommended.

Great nutrient-rich protein powder full of goodies

Posted by djsoma on Oct 14, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Feels and tastes great with raw milk from the local farm and some stevia. I bought this for my partner and she liked it immediately. I went through the ingredients list and didn't catch anything alarming - mostly very good stuff and even the B-12 is as safe methylcobalamin and not as 100 times cheaper and quite controversial cyanocobalamin. Skipping the childish taste issues, my only remaining concern was about pea protein isolate, knowing that soy and whey protein isolates are unsafe products that can mess up my stomach and cause all kinds of other problems like greatly increase urinary calcium loss. After some googling I figured about that nobody knows for sure and my body will surely complain if the isolated pea protein starts to harm me in some way. So until I get some unpleasant symptoms that can't be overlooked anymore, I will keep on enjoying this with all it's delicious crunchy bits that come with the shake.

Probably very healthy.

Posted by Reviewer2139090 on Mar 29, 2011 | Verified Purchase

To say that the taste is rather foul, sounds so harsh... But I would not recommend it for its "GREAT TASTE", that's for sure. Anyway if you do ingest this, DO NOT MAKE ANY PLANS. It's made of pea protein, so you are gonna do the reverse dragon routine... for hours. YOU ARE WARNED! Other than that, if social life means nada to you, I'm sure this is a great value deal!

Pure Vegan Product

Posted by 5693376128563360562 on Apr 21, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I hunted all products online until I could find one that was filled to the brim and Dairy free. I thought I would give it a try, not expecting much but what a surprise. It mixed easy in water, and as a smoothie or when put in almond milk. It tasted great, slightly on the sweet side from the Stevia, sometimes I added turmeric powder to dull it down a bit. It carried me well as a meal replacement and kept me super switched on in the head when I used it as the onnly source of food. My skin has got a glow it didn't have before because my body is nourished. Highly reccomend anyonee interested, to just give it a go. I feel its the best I have ever found on the market for feeding my body all the nutrition it needs!

Best protein powder ever!

Posted by Reviewer3358063 on Jul 01, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This is the best protein powder I've ever had, even compared to whey protein. It mixes well and has the best taste of any product I've tried. The amino acid profile is excellent too. It's a life-saver for us vegans!

Awesome!

Posted by Reviewer2554609 on Jun 24, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I'm glad I took a chance on something new to me. I was impressed by the contents and supplements it provides. Tastes good, too. I don't do fast food restaurants; so, this quick, healthy drink and a piece of fruit is perfect for lunch on the go. It says not to use it as a diet drink; but, I've lost some weight, too. Woohoo!

This is really good

Posted by Reviewer1121929 on Feb 02, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Ok, first reason to get this is obviously the nutritional aspect but that you can figure out on your own. The price is pretty steep but all "complete nutrition" types are. So I use only half a scoop at a time to spread it out. The taste is surprisingly good. You can still pick up on the whole powdered protein taste, but I really enjoy this product. Some are flavored so poorly that you would rather not have the flavor at all. So I mix half almond milk and half dark chocolate almond milk with half a scoop, in a plastic bottle with crushed ice and shake vigorously. I find that the chocolate milk really compliments the vanilla flavoring. And the ice makes sure that it blends completely and stays chilled.

Such health!

Posted by 4754405261894491908 on Jan 30, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Have used as breakfast replacement for a week, have been feeling better for it - more energy. Very filling. I'm not a fan of the flavour, but cover it by adding cocoa and blending with chilled water. Works really well hiding aftertaste and makes it quite enjoyable to drink.

Best protein powder

Posted by Dreamer37 on May 18, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This meal replacements is just fantastic. Why? First, it may cheap in comparison to other meal replacements. Moreover, despite the low price, it is complete: Protein (vegan) in good quantity, fiber, extracts of green vegetables, vitamins, minerals, super fruits extracts and enzymes. Finally, and against all odds, the taste is really nice. Vanilla taste this good, not too sweet, not too little. If you do not have time to eat lunch or if you simply looking for an additional source of protein, this small concentrated of nutrients is what you need! The only downside might be the packaging, I find it little "attractive" compared to other brands, what is regrettable relative to the product quality. Good training, and stay fit!

1 2