Great tasting, minimal ingredient, convenient snack

Posted by Umbridge on Dec 08, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I really enjoyed the flavour of this bar. To me it tasted like caramel. I don't have much of a sweet tooth, so this was slightly too sweet, but not nearly as sweet as other protein bars on the market, or even something like a Larabar, for that matter. The only reason I give this 4 instead of 5 stars is the use of FOS. I am on a low FODMAP diet, and FOS is bad for people like me (i.e. many other people with irritable bowel syndrome). If you know you are sensitive to inulin or FOS, just know that the bar may cause you some discomfort. I would also like it if the bar used stevia instead of sucralose, but since I'm not eating them every day I don't care too much. I understand that sucralose probably gives it a better texture than stevia would. All in all though, this is seriously the best protein bar I have tried, both because of the taste and the very short ingredient list. Kudos to Quest for keeping in (mostly) real!

Great at first

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 20, 2012 | Verified Purchase

My first 2-3 bars were awesome but personally I found the sweet vanilla taste a lil too much to bear after awhile. Since I have a problem with vanilla flavoured things, I'm not blaming it on the bar. Little bits of almonds inside really give you that slight crunch in every bite. Don't misunderstand though, every quest bar is chewy and firm. The 'crunch' comes from the presence of bits of nut in it

Yes! One of two favorites

Posted by healthydoesit on Aug 22, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Vanilla Almond Crunch and Apple Pie have become my go-to bats in every purchase I make. I've tried many others, but these keep me coming back for more. Vanilla sounds so bland and plain, but these are some of the most flavorful quest bars that I've tried! There's not huge chunks of almonds either, which I love. The bar is soft and chewy, with a lot of yummy flavor. I eat a bar a day and will continue to purchase these. If my review helped you, please check yes below. Take a look at my page for over 150 honest reviews on products I purchased right here through iherb!

My new favourite

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 14, 2012 | Verified Purchase

When I first tried these, they weren't my #1 choice among the Quest Bars, even though I know a lot of other people listed as their favourite. But they have slowly grown on me, to the point where they are now 1 of my top 2 of the 6-7 different ones I've tried. The flavour is good, they are appropriately chewy and they deliver a nice pack of protein. Overall, these are hard to beat.

Good protein bar, 4 stars

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 11, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Perhaps my expectations were too high, as I was a little disappointed the first time I bit into one of these bars. I was bracing for vanilla ice cream in bar form or something equally good, but the vanilla taste was much more subtle than I thought it would be, and the bar wasn't especially sweet (granted, they shouldn't be sickly sweet, that ruins it for me). It was also unexpectedly salty in addition to the sweetness. But as I munched on it, it started growing on me, and I came to appreciate the flavor. The almond bits add a nice touch, and the consistency is excellent; very smooth yet extremely chewy. The list of ingredients is superb, content wise these are some of the best protein bars I've seen, nothing dodgy in them. I give them 3.5 stars for taste, 4 for consistency/texture and 5 for ingredients.

great!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 20, 2011 | Verified Purchase

i was higly curious about these bard and im glad that i decided to try them out. I has to get used to the taste and consistency of the bar, but they do grow on you and this is one of my favourite tastes. I also tried the choc brownie one but im not a fan of that one.. great low carb bar and easy to take on the road! I can actually eat this without feeling guilty :P

Goodness

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 15, 2014 | Verified Purchase

good flavor, great snack with coffee.

My second favourite from Quest!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 27, 2014 | Verified Purchase

These bars are amazing. The only reason they are my second favourite is that the Chocolate Chip Dough are heavenly and superior any other protein bar i have tasted. But these are flawless. Amazing. Delicious. Nam!

Great flavour

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 17, 2013 | Verified Purchase

These are one of my top three flavours!

Best flavour quest bars

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 01, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I love this flavour, not too sweet but enough to curb the cravings. So good for you and put them in the microwave for 20 seconds... gold! Super fast shipping.