Covers grey well with great conditioning effect

Posted by sandyngsh on Mar 15, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I have been using rainbow research henna persian black for more than 2 years. It coats my grey well, it's natural and has great conditioning effect. My hair used to be brittle and it breaks easily when I was using chemical dyes. Long healthy dark hair was something I could only dream of. These days, I get stopped and asked about my hair. Henna has been transformative in my hair care journey. Its messy, tedious, and gives me a headache after being in my hair for 5 hours but it's something I will always go back to every 3 months because it's worth the mess and the aches. I'm glad I discovered rainbow research brand in iherb and got my hands on indigo henna. I used to buy henna from ethnic store and it only coats my hair with red highlights which is not flattering. Please do not ever discontinue this product.

Might work for some but ...Did not work for me

Posted by 5003981743006808300 on May 28, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Did everything as instructed. Rainbow Research, Henna (Persian black) turned my gray lite-lavender.

Henna hair black color (Rainbow research)

Posted by 5535800545345676216 on Feb 25, 2017 | Verified Purchase

At first I was a bit skeptical when I first bought it. Just wanted to experiment with natural organic hair colors because as you grow older you should be more careful with chemicals. I once bought a henna product from an Indian grocery store. It never worked. But iherb's Rainbow brand worked. It gave detailed instructions. Followed all the special tips e.g to use together with boiled English tea and warm head for one hour with a shower cap. I believe in iherb products and love experimenting new products off and on. Price is right.

Goodbye Grey

Posted by Reviewer2239731 on Feb 10, 2012 | Verified Purchase

If you follow the instructions you will get great results. Works excellent on my grey hairs.

Rainbow Review

Posted by Reviewer1317145 on Mar 16, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Persian Black is not effective as I thought.

Even messier

Posted by ATurkinMaryland on Feb 12, 2014 | Verified Purchase

These products are good quality and works the way intended however definitely messy to carry out in the home. It does stain so be careful.

Good for making hair stronger

Posted by 5443949057020537070 on May 05, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Good for making hair stronger, however it doesn't dye hair very well. My dark brown hair got a least one tone darker after using this product. Actually I expected better results in coloring. But overall, it is nice. It leaves your hair thicker and stronger

Good result

Posted by 5158423181460890419 on Feb 05, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I usually do a two step process first with henna and then with indigo. I found the results of persian black comparable and a lot quicker. I mixed mine with tea and added some apple cider vinegar as well as olive oil as suggested in the instructions.

Exactly what i expected to get

Posted by Reviewer2527864 on May 30, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have a light colored hair, the color i got is medium brown. Really good treatment, the hair is much thicker.

hi