Does not last, beware the casing is fragile

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 15, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This filter certainly does not last 15-18 months, this is outright wrong. In fact I checked the other day the manufacturer's instruction for the replacement cartridge and it says replace the cartridge every 6-7 months, whereas the instruction on the filter itself said to replace it every year. Maybe it will last 15-18 months if you replace the cartridges at least twice during this time, but outs didn't even last 8 months. We marked the start of the year per the instructions planning to replace it in a year, however after nearly 8 months of use the casing broke apart, perhaps from the mineral build-up, and the broken off piece fell on my foot in the middle of taking a shower. It was very painful, and the casing is completely unusable now. I think these things really need to be made sturdier. Now I am stuck with an extra cartridge, which I bought in advance for the future. I wouldn't buy this filter again, but I think I'll have to buy it once again, because I need to use this extra cartridge. But this time I'll replace the cartridge maybe after 4-5 months of use to make sure this thing doesn't fall on somebody's feet again. I do not expect the casing to last much longer than that anyway. In terms of water quality, I did not notice much difference, especially for the lathering. I hope it does filter out chlorine. The water smells the same with and without this filter. In fact a simple KDF shower filter bought at a local hardware store seems to do a bit better, and is made of metal, so I'd much rather stay with that one.

Rainshow'r CQ-1000 Dechlorinating Shower Filter

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 15, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Our water was hard, chlorinated and very drying to the skin. We have used Rainshow'r in the past and were very happy with its results so we re-ordered this item from iHerb. Now that its installed we are once again very happy with the results of this filter, it makes the hair softer and the skin is not dried out or itchy. Another bonus...it does not strip hair of its color. It was our first time ordering from iHerb. The shipping time was minimal and order was complete as requested. Overall very happy with the purchase and will order again.

Really Does Work!

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 06, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I bought this after reading reports on how detrimental the chlorine in your daily shower water is. .irritating to the skin, causing worsening of skin conditions; irritating to the scalp, causing flakiness and dryness, etc. This really does filter out the chlorine from the water coming through your showerhead. Have noticed less redness & irritation of my skin from using it.

Awesome

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 03, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Cheap, Good quality product to filer chlorine in the shower and it is very easy to install too.

No difference

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 23, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Not certain if this works at all. Hva eused daily for three weeks and no difference. I have used other filtsers like aquasana ans the results are fats/ bought this for the low pirce but in the long run , may not be worth it.

great value

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 05, 2010 | Verified Purchase

i had been using the aquasana shower filter for years. i was tired of paying over forty dollars for each replacement filter and i only got a couple of months of high quality water. i tried the CQ-1000 due to the great iherb price and the replacement filters hovered around the twenty dollar mark. i honestly cannot tell the difference between the two filters after 5 minutes of shower time on my skin and hair. i am sure on paper these filters have differences in terms of filtering chlorine and contaminants but i will stick the Rainshow'r as long as it doesn't take a turn for the worse

Not sure if works at all

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 14, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I was getting rashes on my scalp from the bad water in Montreal, (yes, I know 100% sure it is the water affecting it..) and wanted to try this filter to remove some of the toxins in the water. After several weeks there was still no improvement, so I am not sure if this works at all. The water smells like it has less chlorine, but my rash is better if I just rinse my hair with water from a water pitcher...

Works!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 24, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This filter really works. When showering, the water feels softer on the skin. The water also tastes better than tap water. I don't have a filtration system in my home, so I use the water from the shower filter as my drinking water instead of tap water. :)

shower dechlorinator

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 07, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Good price and fast shipping. love this hate chlorine water on my body.

Very good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 18, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Does the job of removing chlorine from the shower water, which is great.