The BEST sugar you can get

Posted by tinatherese on Apr 23, 2013 | Verified Purchase

My boys react to all sugars like fructose, xylitol, processed white cane sugar, agave, honey, maple, coconut, sugar etc BUT this whole cane sugar is the only sugar they can handle!! I made an awesome gluten free chocolate cake using this whole sugar and it tasted awesome, some people said it was the best cake they ever tried. If you want the recepie go to www.freecoconutrecepies.com and look for the fool proof chocolate cake:)

Great for waterkefir

Posted by Reviewer2561701 on Nov 12, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I use it to feed my waterkefir, and it works great.

taste just like sugar cane

Posted by Reviewer1250448 on Oct 02, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I really miss sucking and chewing on sugar cane as a child, this is the best tasting cane sugar. similar to the actual thing

It seems to have changed

Posted by Reviewer3175829 on Mar 16, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I have ordered this same brand of sugar before and my one bag wasn't empty yet so I was able to compare. This batch (I bought 16 bags) is quite a bit lighter than the bag I already had. I can't understand why this would be the case. It is still a great product but I use it for making water kefir and my kefir grains are not as healthy as they were with the previous batch of sugar. With the old sugar, they would triple in volume with each batch, now, they don't even double. The taste is fine for those who use it for other purposes.

Perfect for my Kefir Water

Posted by 5521167486995774986 on Dec 29, 2014 | Verified Purchase

My kefir grains prefer this sugar to all others. It makes a nice rich kefir water flavor and color. It is also nutrient/mineral-rich due to the lack of processing. I have hunted locally and online for this brand of sugar and found this is the best price by far! I've found my kefir water sugar source...YAY!!!

Great Stuff

Posted by Charybdis on Apr 18, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I've had no problems using it one for one in recipes that call for standard, white sugar. It gives my baked dishes a more complex flavor, though it will darken really light baked goods just a bit. I've also used it to make grenadine, and it reduced beautifully with great flavor. I also like it's organic and that the growers are being fairly compensated for their work. I hope iherb continues to carry this product - you can't beat the price for this level of quality.

Great sweetener in baking

Posted by Reviewer1673715 on Jun 22, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I use this mostly in baking and oatmeal. It has a molasses undertone, so I am careful about what I use it in. It looks like dark dry sand and it seems to take slightly longer than refined sugar to dissolve. Be aware that it will darken the color of your dish if used in sufficient amounts.

Sweetness Along With Minerals

Posted by Reviewer2666562 on Jul 10, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Nice healthy replacement for non-nutritive white sugar.

Not a Gluten Free Product

Posted by radcraze on Feb 18, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I purchased this brand for first time to compare with other brand of unrefined whole cane sugar on this site and was discouraged to learn that this is processed in a facility that also processes wheat (gluten), dairy, and soy. Organic sucanat appears to be a cleaner operation since it has GF, Kosher and Vegan certifications. Also this rapadura is gray/brown in color and tasted more like a burnt sugar while the sucanat is more orange/brown in color, sweeter on tongue and no hint of burnt taste. This tell me it was dried at a much lower heat. I've watched youtube videos on processing of these sugars and they are both pretty much the same sugar in the sence of how its made.

sugar