ok

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 29, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I had benn takig this in the capsule form but thought I'd save soe money and get the power form. It's a little hard to get down, I've started putting it in warm water and it dissolves a ittle mmor but leaves this gritty sensation in your throat. But it does work. I only take it in the morning and wa taking the capsules morning and night. Overall it does what I want.

Not Suitable for IBS and Atonic Colon

Posted by RubiesHealth on Jan 14, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This is a common problem with most bowel cleanse and fiber products - failure to explain the difference between 2 common types of colon. Most people with unsatisfactory bowel clearance habit have either predominantly atonic (lack of tone) or spastic (tense) colon. This formula claims to be without senna and cascara, and is "non-cramping". It will help if they add a statement saying this is suitable for individuals with tense muscles and dry stool. The ingredients like magnesium hydroxide, oat bran, and FOS, all draw water to the colon to stimulate bowel clearance. This is a disaster to those with atonic colon because their colon bloats while it lacks the peristaltic rhythm to purge. To make things worse, FOS (fiber mostly derived from legumes) feeds good and bad bacteria in the colon to produce lots of gas. Those who experience flatulence and more constipation, or gas-purging diarrhea with this formula, go for formula with psyllium hulls instead of FOS.

A gentle fiber supplement with good cleansing herbs

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 10, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I've been using this product off and on for a little over a year now, not for constipation issues, but rather for occasional gentle cleansing of the digestive tract. Renew Life products impress me as very high quality and well researched. The ingredients in this product (all organic!) are a good synergistic blend of herbs and food fibers that soothes and tones the digestive tract. I find the taste and texture very palatable as far as fiber supplements go, such that I can eat it right off the spoon without any trouble, provided I follow it with a big glass of water. Rather unexpectedly, however, I have found that the fiber combination in this product can be constipating for me, perhaps because I forget to drink additional water throughout the day. In this case, I have found that it helps to take a heaping tablespoon of psyllium husk fiber along with it.

Renew Life, Organic Bowel Cleanse

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 26, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Very effective, however, stay w/i water consumption levels recommended on bottle.

Renew life

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 26, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This is very gentle on the digestive system. It works regularly like it says. It sort of tastes like unsweetened oatmeal.

Finally!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 12, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This (combined with Triphala) is the only product I have found that works for me!

Renew Life, Organic Bowel Cleanse

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 10, 2010 | Verified Purchase

No cramps at all but I had loose moves. Stopped it after 3 days.

average product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 07, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I have difficulty in my bowel after I take try this.After I stop it it work well.