Help

A Solid Combination; Great to Mix with Green Drinks

Posted by wholefoods on Oct 28, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I purchased this product to mix with Green Drink Powders. I use 1 scoop of this along with Chlorella and Spirulina in some apple juice. I think the combination works well together. I appreciate that hemp is a complete protein that includes some healthy fats. The amount of E3 live is quite small (1g per serving) and I wouldn't necessarily purchase just for the E3. The addition of maca was interesting as I hadn't tried it before. It seems like a solid combination of ingredients overall. As for the taste, I found it to be quite neutral. This product doesn't contain any sweeteners and I found I needed to mix it with something like fruit juice for the best tolerance. The texture is grainy due to the hemp. If you don't mind a slightly more "natural" taste, I would recommend this product as a good protein powder to add to other drinks.

Not the best taste

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 23, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I decided to switch to Hemp Protein Powder because I wanted to take a break from the heavily processed Whey that I had originally been drinking post-workout. Ruth's Hemp Foods Raw Protein Powder appealed to me because it is raw and also contains maca, which is said to bring about many health benefits. As other reviewers have noted, the product doesn't mix in easily with water. The taste is not fantastic either, with a flavour somewhat reminiscent of dirt which leaves the drinker reluctantly forcing it down. I'm sure it would be nice if it were mixed in with other ingredients, but I wanted it for weight loss/lean muscle building purposes only. One downside of this protein powder is that the protein content is half that of my previous whey protein powder. I might have to double my serving after a vigorous workout.

Good blend

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 15, 2011 | Verified Purchase

No sugar or sweetners added!

Interesting stuff!

Posted by Harpocrates on Aug 23, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Very good. Though, sometimes I feel a bit dizzy at times.

Excellent

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 03, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I love this protein powder!! I love the fact that it doesn't have anything added besides the three ingredients. Too many powders have too many things and I am sensitive so I need a powder that is simple and doesn't have a lot of stimulants like green tea etc. Flavor is good and it mixes well with liquids.

Great Product

Posted by chacho on Aug 15, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Great product. Many health benefits. Maca itself contains many beneficial and health nutrients alone. Will buy again.

LOVE

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 29, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This is a great natural protein powder with no soy! I love this in my morning smoothie.