Great Price

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 25, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I've been using Kelp noodles for a while since I've turned to a raw food diet. I make raw Pad Thai and Pesto mainly and I'm happy with this product. I couldn't have it too often though because I used to pay up to AUD$10.50 per pack in Australia! Thanks iHerb for the great price. Tip: you need to wash and rinse them when you get them out of the pack. Then soak them in water with lemon juice and some tamari/nama shoyu or Braggs liquid aminos for approx 3 hours to soften them, or else they are too crunchy and nothing like a noodle. You can then rinse them if you like, to get rid of those flavours if they don't go with your dish. The people who don't like them just don't know how to prepare them, because they taste exactly like any other noodles when prepared as above. They should really have instructions on the packet!

Soak

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 07, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I really like these noodles, but there are two things to note: They are made from kelp, which is great for most of us. However, those with hyPERthyroidism and those with Hashimoto's may notice side effects if you eat the whole package at once (like I do). The other thing to note is that letting these cook for a few minutes or sit in your sauce for 20 minutes or more will soften them; before doing so, they're on the crunchy side.

So yummy!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 25, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I could not be happier with these noodles. They make a delightful addition to stir fry. I rinse well, then soak in a brine of water with salt and lemon juice. When ready to use (I can get about 3 servings out of a package), I heat the noodles up with some coconut aminos or add right into a stir fry. Leftover noodles store indefinitely in the fridge in the aforementioned brine. Zucchini noodles are great for Italian dishes, but for Asian, these noodles cannot be beat! If this review has helped you make a more informed choice, please hit "yes" below!

KELP NOODLES

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 19, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Love them! Others have suggested soaking them in lemon juice to soften but I think that makes them taste like a bowl of lemons as they have no flavor on their own. I recommend simmering them in water with some herbs for about 15 minutes while preparing the rest of the recipe. I will definitely continue to order Kelp Noodles!

Amazing

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 19, 2011 | Verified Purchase

These are delicious, heard some complaints about the crunchiness, but I soaked in water with cider vinegar for 30 minutes and this gave them a great texture, I love these noodles.

Worth a try if you have spare cash!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Apr 18, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Kelp noodle is low in calorie and high in trace minerals. Trace minerals are necessary for many metabolic functions and we will not be able to function at optimum level without them. This kelp noodles is quite “snappy” and crunchy if you eat it without softening it. Boiling helps a bit but does not soften completely. The best way to soften is to soak in acidic solution like lemon juice or vinegar for some time to completely soften it but the kelp noodle will end up tasting sour so it might/might not be suitable for certain style dishes. Low calories also mean that I will get hungry again pretty soon. This is definitely value for money as you pay for 340g of solid kelp without any solution. Check out my page for more reviews!

Helps with weight loss

Posted by eathealthy on Oct 31, 2012 | Verified Purchase

My husband is using for weight loss due to low calories in large serving. They are a nice change from wheat noodles, soak with a little lemon juice/water to soften prior to eating. If you like my review check out my page by clicking eathealthy in blue above to see reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb!

Great for Asian dishes and salads

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 21, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I use these in my sea vegetable salad. Combine with sliced cucumber, dulce, dried cranberries, sliced mandarin oranges, sea salt to taste and some asian sesame salad dressing. Makes a great light dinner. These noodles don't have any taste, but blend wonderfully with other flavors of a dish. They are soft, yet crunchy on the inside. Very different and a great way to add something new to your diet.

Unbelievable good!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 27, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Despite the hype for these among the raw community, I really wasn't expecting much! But we loved these - some of my family is of Asian descent and are very used to all varieties of noodles. I purchased them for the 'raw vegan' reason, but found that everyone loved them. You'll need to toss them in a bit of warm (or boiling water if you're not doing raw) with lemon juice to soften them up but they're really great, mild & excellent with any sauce (raw or cooked) - no seaweed taste or anything. I love it in place of vermicelli for a Raw Vegan Vietnamese Mint Salad with fresh mango, mint, almonds, lime and chilli.

Great product - i wish this company had a larger variety of products...you are welcome to rate & read my other reviews

Posted by PracticalReviews on Dec 11, 2012 | Verified Purchase

although i would choose to try the green tea kelp noodles next instead of this because this is somewhat tasteless i think this company is going in the right direction with their line of products,all natural ingredients.it goes very well in soups and kelp is reach in iodine which our western diet lacks of.i wish the company stated the amount of iodine per gram on the bag....you are welcome to rate & read my other reviews