Nasty!

Posted by Reviewer3067404 on Jul 18, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This product has been changed. It's not the same as the usual.I bought this here thinking it's the same Solgar's Brewers Yeast with 650mcg (150%)of Folate and Wheat-free (I usually buy from a different online store). No, this one is 83mcg (21%) Folate and contains wheat. I called iherb.com (chat), but the staff wasn't helpful. I called Solgar's and they told me that they have stopped producing the one with 650mcg Folate, and the wheat one is the most current produce. They offered to refund my purchase 'cos of my wheat concerns (allergy).

Nice

Posted by Reviewer2607037 on Sep 26, 2010 | Verified Purchase

OK, I eat a lot of popcorn and I don't want salt. Believe it or not, this works great on popcorn. The sour taste does not exist and its a pleasant flavor. I like it and its VERY nutritious for you.

Good, but...

Posted by Reviewer2905303 on Jul 08, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Offers a wide spectrum of vitamins and minerals. I just wish it didn't pack such a load of phosphorus (800mg!!!), which is in great disproportion to calcium in this product. Westerners in developed nations already consume way too much phosphorus. The same goes for the glutamic acid and aspartic acid present in this product: a normal, standard US diet is laden with these detrimental neurotoxins.

Somethings "Brewing"

Posted by Howard on Feb 25, 2014 | Verified Purchase

SOLGAR BREWER'S YEARS POWDER, has an ample supply of amino acids, vitamins, and minerals. It is an especially useful supplement for a vegetarian diet, to add to an a.m. smoothie, as 13g of protein is provided with two tablespoons. Although it is on the powdery (vs flaky) side as far as it's texture is concerned, that's not a major problem. Although I do prefer, if available at a good price a brewer's yeast with a flaky consistency. The brand I previously bought at iHerb, "Modern Products" was flaky, and was an excellent value. It, for some reason, is no longer sold on iHerb. If one adds the suggested dose of 2 tablespoons to a smoothie for example, it will last around 2 weeks, if used daily. So, one would need two of the Solagar 14 oz per month, which will cost around $25.00. I recommnend it.

Product review

Posted by 4898610585269151622 on Feb 17, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Taste was delicious and overall delivery service was satisfying but the custom clearance was disappointed.

Use for flea treatment

Posted by Reviewer1041479 on Aug 26, 2008 | Verified Purchase

We use the Brewer's Yeast for flea treatment for our dogs. We sprinkle 1 tablespoon over their food with each meal and it is supposed to make them taste bad to fleas. We've been using it in our overall flea problem treatment and it seems to be helping.

taste and smells a bit sick but it works!!!

Posted by Reviewer2531766 on May 03, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This one is definitely worth buying! I've had it every morning with black bean power(which is homemade)for two months and never caught a cold during winter. I think it helps the immune system work well. While I'm taking this yeast, I feel less tired. It is simply good!

Great for lactating mothers!

Posted by 5610291210021793024 on Jan 29, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I've been using this to boost my milk supply since giving birth to my son in August. A friend made me lactation cookies with this in them, and I noticed a difference right away. I skip the cookies though and just add a teaspoon of this to my smoothie every morning at breakfast. Doesn't taste the greatest but I mask the flavor with bananas and blueberries. I will continue to buy this!

Makes great lactation cookies.

Posted by 5527698721934985130 on Mar 04, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I used my brewers yeast to make lactation cookies and they definitely worked. Five stars.

Solgar, Brewer's Yeast, Debittered, 16 oz (454 g)

Posted by Reviewer1013331 on Feb 16, 2011 | Verified Purchase

My husband and I drink blueberry and banana shake collagen and Brewer's Yeast every morning It's good but I don't like smell

1 2 3 4