Supplementing calcium is a terrible idea - citrate is even worse IMHO

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Mar 14, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Good for - calcification, depleting other essential nutrients and causing difficult to resolve gut pH issues. If you find benefit from supplementing calcium, strongly suggest looking into why that might be. I can't think of one good reason to do so that can't be resolved another less detrimental way - I can think of many reasons not to. I used to be a fan of citrate, I really did. However - I had stains on my toilet bowl that nothing would remove - and I mean NOTHING. I tried the most industrial cleaners I could find, scouring pads and the strongest elbow grease I could muster - nothing worked. Then I remembered the amazing powers of citric acid and thought why not try it. I sprinkled some around the bowl and left it. And wow. I didn't even need to scrub the worst stain - it flushed away. I was gobsmacked. Citric acid is now my staple bathroom cleaner. And is one reason why I'll never take anything citrate again. As a 'mild' blood thinner and chelating agent, it might work wonders for those in need of an artery cleanse, but is definitely not for me. The results of my toilet bowl test certainly help explain some things. I've read krebs cycle formulations are less tolerated by those suffering allergies or immune dysfunction. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Love This Product!

Posted by Reviewer1123168 on Aug 05, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I have been using Solgar Calcium-Magnesium Citrate for years. It is especially good for older people who have a hard time swallowing pills. The coating on it helps slide down easy. Also, it absorbs into your blood stream quite fast. Just don't get them wet before you put them into your mouth because they do tend to dissolve fast.

extraordinary

Posted by 4994467093912001848 on Jun 20, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Extraordinary product!! Helped me with my osteoporosis. I'd like to recommend it to everyone!

A bioavailble form of magnesium and calcium for a great price

Posted by Reviewer3311233 on Apr 23, 2010 | Verified Purchase

My wife has a sensitive tummy and she loves these.

great product

Posted by Reviewer2653287 on Apr 20, 2010 | Verified Purchase

You get your money's worth ingesting this product.

calcium

Posted by Reviewer1746602 on Jan 18, 2010 | Verified Purchase

dissolves quickly and easily

Great Product

Posted by Reviewer2811683 on Jul 14, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Highly recommended!!!!

Works great

Posted by 5089651721250189457 on Jul 16, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Very easy to take. Works well. Love the fact they are gluten free.

Excellent choice

Posted by Reviewer2143512 on Feb 17, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Well tolerated

Excellent product

Posted by 5608764717269171865 on Jan 08, 2014 | Verified Purchase

The product was wrapped well and arrived with no problems

1 2 3