Supplementing calcium is a terrible idea - citrate is even worse IMHO

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Sep 17, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Good for - calcification, depleting other essential nutrients and causing difficult to resolve gut pH issues. If you find benefit from supplementing calcium, strongly suggest looking into why that might be. I can't think of one good reason to do so that can't be resolved another less detrimental way - I can think of many reasons not to. I used to be a fan of citrate, I really did. However - I had stains on my toilet bowl that nothing would remove - and I mean NOTHING. I tried the most industrial cleaners I could find, scouring pads and the strongest elbow grease I could muster - nothing worked. Then I remembered the amazing powers of citric acid and thought why not try it. I sprinkled some around the bowl and left it. And wow. I didn't even need to scrub the worst stain - it flushed away. I was gobsmacked. Citric acid is now my staple bathroom cleaner. And is one reason why I'll never take anything citrate again. As a 'mild' blood thinner and chelating agent, it might work wonders for those in need of an artery cleanse, but is definitely not for me. The results of my toilet bowl test certainly help explain some things. I've read krebs cycle formulations are less tolerated by those suffering allergies or immune dysfunction. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

extraordinary

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 20, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Extraordinary product!! Helped me with my osteoporosis. I'd like to recommend it to everyone!

Love This Product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 05, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I have been using Solgar Calcium-Magnesium Citrate for years. It is especially good for older people who have a hard time swallowing pills. The coating on it helps slide down easy. Also, it absorbs into your blood stream quite fast. Just don't get them wet before you put them into your mouth because they do tend to dissolve fast.

Good value

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 19, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I think this is a great value product from a reliable brand but i dropped one star just because the tablet size is large and you have to take five a day.

Good product, with both calcium and magnesium inside

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 30, 2017 | Verified Purchase

This product seems to be better than magnesium citrate from other manufacturers. I take this and the Solgar magnesium citrate one regularly.

Very good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 13, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Very good! Recommend!

Great product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 31, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Quality product, good value, prompt service

Excellent

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 01, 2016 | Verified Purchase

This is the best mg ca ever! I have used it for 1,5 year and my husband too. Absolutely no gastrointestinal effects.

very good product