Recommend Biotics Cu-Zyme instead

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Dec 02, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Copper works quickly - taking 3mg for one to two weeks, or less, is generally all that's needed to normalise a copper deficiency. If your health issue doesn't begin to resolve in that time - suggests the cause is unlikely to be copper. I've tried about 7 or 8 of the ones available from here and prefer Cu-Zyme - it definitely works, with no nasty side effects (e.g. stomach upset). I find all mineral-glycine chelates give me bad headaches and cause me to feel awful (regardless of brand/mineral) - gluconate never does (glycine is a neurotransmitter antagonist, thus glycine amino chelates won't be suitable for everyone - another example are those on a low purine diet). I didn't find succinate effective at all. Because Cu-Zyme doesn't cause stomach upset, the need to watch what you take it with is perhaps less important. If you do find it a problem, avoid taking copper with low pH food/drink. Copper is best taken on it's own - avoid taking with other supplements. The following either deplete/need copper, thus can help manipulate levels up (by reducing/avoiding) or down (by taking more of), depending on your requirements: vit C, B6, sulfur, calcium, magnesium, molybdenum, boron, zinc, dairy (penicillium/penicillamine chelates copper). If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Good Product

Posted by run4bear on Jul 01, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I feel I need a small amount of copper. This is chelated and Solgar has the wisdom to put their products in a dark container for longer life and less chance of product deterioration.

I need it

Posted by Reviewer1415685 on Jan 09, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Somebody wrote: "there's a hype going around that many people are copper toxic, but that's not true at all, in fact many people are copper deficient." When I started supplementing copper, I immediately felt SO MUCH better. I had severe iron aneamia due to chronic malaria that had lasted for more than a year. Once I supped with copper, I could finally build up my iron levels. It's now years later and every morning I still look forward to taking that blue pill ... I decided not to believe what people write anymore, but to follow my gut feelings. Look up the antagonists of copper when you take this. You need to take it apart from many other sups.

gave me stomach pain

Posted by 5456958116681286886 on May 02, 2016 | Verified Purchase

This product gave me stomach pain and nausea. Hope iherb start selling copper citrate like BioCitrate Copper 2 mg, made by solaray. Amino acid chelate doesn't work fork for me.

Solgar Chelated Copper, 100 tablets

Posted by 5462534256399732039 on Dec 30, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Copper is another thing missing in our soil and needed for the uptake of Selenium. I am feeling much better in all respects taking these two together, plus Zinc.

Great product.

Posted by 5126397720664577513 on Oct 28, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Been using for about a year. .excellent

Shelated Copper

Posted by 5178524294264138316 on Feb 12, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Not recommended for anyone unless they've been resident of Virginia for more than 7 years. I love the product. But, it's not recommended if you don't have insurance to supplement it's natural effects. I was exposed to yellow fever and it helped. I lived in a very rural red neck part of VA.

great

Posted by 5687143057560693722 on Apr 07, 2016 | Verified Purchase

This product is really beautiful

Vrry good

Posted by 4926938145567512018 on Dec 21, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Very good

Okay

Posted by 5217899864872627326 on Feb 15, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I like this product. Nothing special - does its work.

1 2