Magnesium Oxide Poorly Absorbed

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 04, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Please be aware that Solgar has reformulated this product. It previously contained 400 mg. of Mg. Glycinate, 135 mg. of Ca. and 15 mg. of Na. It now contains 400 mg. of Mg. Glycinate and Mg. Oxide. I contacted Solgar but they would not divulge the breakdown of Glycinate and Oxide which is considered proprietary information. My concern is that Mg. Oxide is cheap but it's the least absorbable form of Magnesium - about 4% absorbable, to my knowledge. The net result is that the customer is potentially getting considerable less Magnesium than before.

Not convincing

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 12, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have been taking this for about 6 months, but I'm not able to raise my magnesium levels with 6 tablets of this product. I'm currently taking 8 tablets,and if that doesn't do the job, I'll have to switch to another brand/form.

Great formula

Posted by marcosandrey on Apr 03, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This is indeed the best form of magnesium that is. Magnesium Glycine should be combined with chelated calcium and Vitamin D3, 10,000 IU per day, with vitamin K2 (MK7, menaquinone) so that there is no calcification of arteries and STROKE. There it is a perfect combination for a health condition that pharmaceutical loathe you had! Think about it!

Good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 21, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Only problem is that you need to take four of these every day, but that's the case with almost all Mg supplements. Also contains Calcium.

Works Great

Posted by DrJah24 on Nov 19, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I ordered this b/c its impossible to find Chelated Magnesium Glycinate in any retail store around where I live. This product works great and doesn't make you poop your guts out like magnesium oxide and other forms I have tried. This form actually works and provides great bio-availability. Works great for sleeping too!

Excellent Product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 12, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I was having bowel issues with magnesium oxide at 400 mg/day. The issue lasted for months. But just 2 days after switching to Solgar's product, I returned to normal and remain so. Highly recommended.

Solgar keeps their promise.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 19, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Really good magnesium, loosing up my muscles and give my a good sleep. In combination with Solgar Zink Picolinate, and B6-vitamins.

solgar chelated magnesium

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 21, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I have been taking this magnesium for the past 16years it is an excellent product

The best!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 31, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Wow! I had taken magnesium supplements before, but I never found they worked consistently well. Since taking this product I've had so much energy, had regular digestion, and slept amazingly well. I am being completely genuine when I say I feel like a different person. Recommended 100%. The price is expensive, but worth it to feel like a normal, functional person.

Buying it 2nd time and I'm impressed

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 04, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I have high blood pressure and this naturally lowers it. Although no more than 100mg should be taken at once, sometimes I take 3 and really makes me sleepy (which is good since I have insomnia). Recommended!

1 2 3 4