Excellent Quality; Similar to or Better than New Chapter's Wholemega at Lower Price

Posted by wholefoods on Dec 17, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I purchased this brand of salmon oil due to some concerns with New Chapter's Wholemega brand. In comparing the two products side by side, it is my opinion that these products are of the same quality or higher quality than the Wholemega products. Both brands have a dark orange tinted capsules, much richer looking than many other fish oil capsules. Both brands are derived from salmon oil (in the case of Solgar sockeye salmon oil) as opposed to smaller fish or krill. Both brands have a wide array of Omega oils (3, 5, 6, 7, 9) as well as Astaxanthin and Vitamin D3 (in fact, Solgar is higher in many of these categories). On top of all this, this product is offered at a lower price per capsule than the Wholemega brand ($ .19 per capsule for Solgar vs. $ .27 per capsule for Wholemega). In comparing all of these factors, it seems to me this product is a better value. Also, no fish burps or problems for me with digestion. I will purchase this product often and use this brand as my primary fish oil from now on. Excellent product!

EPA & DHA mean nothing

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 08, 2011 | Verified Purchase

………it is about how well they are absorbed. Studies are out that show that the presence of other fats in the fish activates processes required to absorb EPA and DHA (omega 3) properly. This explains why EPA and DHA are better absorbed from eating whole fish than from taking fish oil (with only EPA & DHA). Solgar wild Alaskan salmon oil delivers the full spectrum of omega’s found in salmon and not only omega 3. Another great product from Solgar. I’m using 7 supplements. All but one (Stevia) are from Solgar. In my experience Solgar is the best. Reliable company. Also kudos to Iherb. Fast delivery and well packaged. As usual. Thanx.

My favorite Omega - and there are a lot!

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 24, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This one is balanced with a significant amount of Omega-7, which is GREAT for skin quality (and very expensive to buy separately). Overall, a good value and a great product.

highly recommend

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 26, 2011 | Verified Purchase

excellent, clean, wonderful product. no after-taste. worth the price!

One of the best in the market

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 03, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Undoubtedly one of the best fish oil product in the market. Professionally produced, favourably priced and it contains the whole chain of omega fatty acids.

Solgar, Wild Alaskan Full Spectrum Omega, 120 Softgels

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 22, 2010 | Verified Purchase

very very good. i prefer real solmon omegas so it was good choice

Great

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 22, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Thank you BEST SALMON OIL EVER AND THANK YOU IHERB.COM

great alternative for the more expensive New Chapter Wholemega.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 23, 2010 | Verified Purchase

As I never consume sugar or other refined carbonhydrates I really don't need fish oil because I discovered that these liquids are responsible for irregular heart beats and palpitations. They just thin my blood too much. Actually it felt like I was having a heart attack and a stroke! It made me wake up at night with strange feelings. If you eat a healthy diet you probably don't need fish oil. It's just for people who consume sugar an processed foods with disbalanced ratio's of omega 3 & 6.

The best fish oil ever

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 27, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I take 6 caps every day since August 2011. My psoriasis is much better and joint pain is gone. Thanks Solgar.

Great Buy!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 02, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This is a quality product and a great price. I will continue to buy!