Help

This is rubbish - not all 'natural'. Bad Solgar. That aside - what vit A top reviewer ???

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Oct 02, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Very misleading label - this contains vit D derived from lanolin, not just fish liver oil. The equivalent product label on their UK web site clearly states 'from fish liver oil AND cholecalciferol' (or refer the 'natural' 400iu on their dot com web site - 'Vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol AND fish liver oil)'). This label also notes 'fish oil' under 'other ingredients' - fishy label is fishy! I never buy vit D derived from lanolin and will never buy this again, nor recommend it. It's a shame Solgar haven't noted the source of the vit D on the label in a user friendly way, so people who don't tolerate irradiated sheep wool fat can easily tell (rather than play detective after reacting poorly to a product). This isn't the first Solgar product that's let me down. I used to buy Solgar preferentially, but not anymore - I'd rather support brands that make it easy to buy their stuff. HOWEVER - I'm not sure which label the top reviewer was looking at. Nowhere on this product does it state it contains vit A. Given the suggested dose is one to TWO soft gels per day, by the reviewers estimations that'd mean ingesting 6000iu of vit A - well over the RDI, meaning this bottle would be required to carry the standard warning. While I admonish Solgar for not clearly noting the source of the vit D, I believe they're reputable enough that they wouldn't intentionally poison people. Contact them if in doubt - I did, and they clearly confirmed all ingredients. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Excellent product, but take care (it also contains Vitamin A)

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 18, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I'm using a couple of Solgar products and they are all top notch. However, I did not pay attention to product details: beside vitamin D3 these gels also contain 3000 IU Vitamin A. This is important when, like me, using other supplements that also contain vitamin A. Keep an eye on the Upper Tolerable Intak Level (UL) of vitamins A!

The best vitamin D on the market

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 31, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have this to be the most effective vitamin D on the market as proven by blood tests. Many other vitamin D's out there just don't do the job.

Love this product.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 29, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Love this product. Is in gel cap and bottled in glass which I prefer rather than in plastic containers.

Natural Vitamin D and A

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 31, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I only want to use natural vitamins. The vitamin D and A is natural from fish liver and more recognizable to your body. Can't find another brand with thise vitamins natural occuring.

Great for PCOS!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 04, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I've been using this for more than 3 years now and I can say that this really helped with my irregular periods. I stopped using contraceptive pills I because I know the bad effects in the long run if you keep using it, though I haven't experienced any. So I researched a lot and learned that vitamin D actually helps with having menstrual periods especially if your are vitamin D deficient and it's true! I can't say that it made my periods regular but having periods every other month is good enough! If I don't take any pills or this, I won't even have menses for more than 6 months. I take 1-2 softgels everyday. No side effects and it's healthy! :)

solgar vitamin d3

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 27, 2010 | Verified Purchase

D3 has helped my energy levels. I use Solgar brand a lot.

Don't overdo a good thing

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 27, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I'm 54 years old and have gotten excellent results by taking half a gel (six drops) a day. If you're daily off-and-on sun exposure is cumulatively twelve minutes or more per day, you most likely don't need to be taking 1000 IU. Daily intake for persons 51 to 70 years old ought to be 400 IU (some say 600 IU). I take a sewing pin and pinch the gelatine capsule in order to squeeze out six drops of D3, which would be 500 IU. If my wife and I, who live in a very sunny country, were to take 1000 IU daily, we'd get pulsating headaches. D3 engages directly with various kinds of cancerous tumors and inhibits their further growth.

HEALTH NUT

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 13, 2009 | Verified Purchase

WAS A BIT DISAPPOINTED AS IT HAS 1000 IU OF VITAMIN A IN IT AND DIDN'T SAY.

Bardzo dobra witamina