Good acidophilus product - but wider range of probiotic bacteria is better

Posted by vitality on Aug 19, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This probiotic is fine, perfectly effective if you want a stabilized powder of acidophilus alone. Source Naturals is a high quality brand. Ideally lactobacilis is the dominant bacterium in the small intestine while bifidus bacterium are dominant in the large intestine or bowel. It's best to take both, and other species as well. I prefer the Life Flora capsules because they contain a combination of probiotics rather than just one, and I find capsules more convenient to take than powder - also it is very pure so there're no substances in it that I react to. Jarrow EPS capsules and Culturelle capsules are also very good (but the EPS aren't any good if you have dairy and soy intolerances). Sometimes it's worth taking a more expensive probiotic such as culturelle short term and then going back to something you find affordable for most of the time. I choose stabilised probiotics because I've found them more convenient and just as effective as the refrigerated ones.

Good value

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 11, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I appreciate that this product is powder. It's always better choice to capsules. Also cheaper.

I recommend everyone order from iHerb!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 12, 2011 | Verified Purchase

You guys are so speedy in shipping the product. And the little extra that you send with my order is great. Great job!

Very Good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 24, 2011 | Verified Purchase

My son says that this product works wonderfully. It's easy to take and helps his digestion.

Great Product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 18, 2008 | Verified Purchase

We need a freeze stabilized powdered acidophilus and this fits the bill. Works well.

okay!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 06, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Its okay.. Not as good as the capsules !

Seems fine.

Posted by Crotchetymama on Nov 25, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Does the job, I guess, just a bit fussy for me. I thought the powder would be good, but turns out I don't really like powders. Nothing bad about the product, just not for me.

No effect

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 07, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I tried this there was no effect when I had a upset stomach. Might not have bought the right bacterium. Previously tried another Source Natural product & it was excellent.

Probiotic

Posted by JanMartin on Jul 11, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I was disappointed with this product because they give you such a small amount for the price. When I opened the bottle it was a bit less than half full. The product itself works well and seems quality, but for the price, they could give you four ounces! I won't reorder this because I can get more probiotics for the same price.

has Dibasic calcium phosphate

Posted by AnkaMaria07 on Oct 28, 2014 | Verified Purchase

It has Dibasic calcium phosphate which made me sneeze and made my throat sting bad when I take it. Not for the allergic people or sensible ones like me.