ALA

Posted by TinVal on Aug 22, 2012 | Verified Purchase

The body under optimum conditions may be able to manufacture enough alpha-lipoic acid for its metabolic functions (as a co-factor for a number of enzymes involved in converting fat and sugar to energy), but additional amounts provided by supplements allow alpha-lipoic acid to circulate in a "free" state. In this state, alpha-lipoic acid has the unique ability to function as both a water- and fat-soluble antioxidant. I give four stars because of abundance of fillers in these tablets.

Awesome dose for Andy's mercury chelation protocol

Posted by MichaelLabib on Aug 19, 2012 | Verified Purchase

If you are not familiar with Andy's mercury chelation protocol, please google it. If you have Amalgam fillings, then you must google Andy's mercury chelation protocol. As a warning taking ALA while having Amalgam fillings is really not advised, it will harm you. Anyway, I split the tablet in half so I take 25mg every 3 hours. After few rounds on the protocol, I must say I'm getting better. This is the lowest dose I found oh iherb, so thank you iherb and thank you source naturals :)

Alpha lipoic acid

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 01, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Alpha lipoic acid should be considered an essential medication for every person with diabetes or pre-diabetes, since it has been shown to decrease progression of diabetic neuropathy, diabetic eye disease and diabetic kidney disease. In clinical trials in Germany, doses as high as 1200 mg were given, but I have seen better clinical responses to 100 mg a day (decreased neuropathic pain). A rare patient will get joint aches from higher doses, and for them the 50 mg dose, daily or every other day, may allow some of the benefits. This is the only preparation at 50 mg that I could locate.

Best Value ALA

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 26, 2016 | Verified Purchase

There a a couple of brands that I find more potent, but they are much more expensive. I always have a bottle of these with me for relief from neuropathy. This dosage works well for Cutler detox protocol.

Good for frequent low dose mercury chelation

Posted by Medical Travelling on Sep 11, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Cheap and good dose to be used on Cutler's mercury detox protocol.

good size and seems effective

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 30, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I'm using this for mercury chelation according to the Cutler protocol. The effects are more noticeable to me than the Jarrow ALA I tried last, so I am assuming it is potent ALA.

Works fine, like the small size

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 24, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Works just as well as any other ALA. I use the small dose for the Andy Cutler mercury detox protocol.

For diabetes

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 28, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Very beneficial for diabetes, high blood sugar and diabetic nephropathy.

ALA

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 29, 2010 | Verified Purchase

ALA is very usefull in my illnes.

Alpha Lipoic Acid

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 10, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I love this stuff! iHerb's service is timely and accurate.

1 2