Exceptional Biological Activity

Posted by Reviewer2580814 on Feb 15, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This variety of Lipoic (the 'Alpha" variety, not the 'R' Lipoic) apparently helped with a remarkable cleansing action of the liver if the smell of my urine was any indication (and I believe it was).

May help delay diabetic neuropathy

Posted by Reviewer3349751 on Jan 10, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Rarely will a doctor endorse a neutraceutical. But I see an endocrinologist from a prominent university medical center who reacted favorably when I told him I was taking 900 mg. of ALA to try to prevent neuropathy. His reply was a hearty "Perfect!". This in no way constitutes a clinical trial or an endorsement of this particular brand. Nevertheless, his professional reputation and his positive reaction have encouraged me to continue taking it. It isn't a cure. But it could delay the onset of symptoms or reduce their severity.

Recommend product

Posted by Reviewer1437658 on Nov 08, 2010 | Verified Purchase

seems to be working fine. I take so many vitamins, it's hard to say, but all my blood test results came out in the normal ranges, so that's an improvement. my energy levels are high.

Excellent service

Posted by Reviewer1956776 on Dec 25, 2007 | Verified Purchase

Alpha Lipoic Acid helps my diabetic neuropathy in my feet. I think I even have more feeling. And the service of iHerb is outstanding, very fast filling of an order.

Everyone should be using this product.

Posted by Reviewer1855686 on Dec 03, 2006 | Verified Purchase

Everyone should be using alpha lipoic acid. It's an important antioxident. Especially for diabetics.

Didn't work for me...

Posted by Reviewer2031137 on Oct 15, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This was suggested to me by a Nurse Practitioner for my Central Autonomic Disorder. Unfortunately, this product just didn't work for me. It made me too dizzy and lightheaded and I just kept faling down. I am highly sensitive to medications, but I've heard that it works great for others. Excellent price and delivery from IHerb, however! I plan to order from them again.

GREAT DISCOVERY FOR LOSING BELLY FAT!!

Posted by Reviewer1591027 on Aug 18, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I HAVE BEEN TAKING ONE OF THE POPULAR BRAND HERBAL DIET PILLS FOR THE PAST 9 WEEKS AND IT IS HELPING ME TO GET THE POUNDS OFF EVERYWHERE EXCEPT WHERE MY BIGGEST PROBLEM IS...THAT BEING MY BELLY. I HAD SEEN AN ADVERTISEMENT IN ONE OF THE HEALTH MAGAZINES FOR SOURCE NATURALS, ALPHA LIPOIC ACID 300 MG TIME RELEASED TABLETS; AND AFTER CHECKING WITH MY DOCTOR, I DECIDED TO TRY THEM ALONG WITH THE HERBAL DIET PILLS SINCE THE AD STATED THAT THEY WORKED ON GETTING RID OF POTBELLY FAT. I HAVE ONLY BEEN TAKING THE ALPHA LIPOIC ACID FOR 3 WEEKS AND CAN ALREADY TELL THAT MY BELLY IS GOING DOWN AND GETTING FLATTER. IT IS VERY HARD TO STICK TO A DIET FOR AN EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME, AND I THINK THAT I HAVE FINALLY FOUND THE PERFECT COMBINATION OF DIETARY SUPPLEMENTS, AND THE BEST PLACE TO PURCHASE THEM IS AT iherb.com!!

Source Natural Alpha Lipoic Acid

Posted by Reviewer1576505 on Jan 12, 2009 | Verified Purchase

i take one tab a day to prevent diabeties. it runs in my family.

Benefits in many ways..

Posted by 4874602919484022516 on Aug 18, 2014 | Verified Purchase

The thing with ala is it goes under antioxidants but also behaves/mimicking insulin in the body..the thing is that with insulin you can burn fat and build muscle too. This is all natural though-no pharmaceutical.and that's why I recommend this for all that's above.

Time release is a must!

Posted by 5261182730599913078 on Dec 25, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I take this before bed along with vitamin C mostly as an antioxidant/skin care supplement. I love that it it time release, that way I know my body is getting a steady stream overnight. My skin always looks better in the morning-more vibrant,and healthy. Will continue buying

1 2 3 4