Heard of AstaReal?

Posted by ForGoodHealth on Feb 19, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I took NOW's Astaxanthin in the past - 90s and 60s. While Astaxanthin was on 20% off, NOW 60s (Zanthin) sold out. Decided to spend 2 days researching more on Astaxanthin. Found the following: Valensa - Zanthin. Famous for CO2 extraction (without solvent). Cyanotech - BioAstin. Fuji Chemical - AstaReal. Think there a fourth player but I have limited time and limited resources to get information from internet. All the while I heard alot about Zanthin and BioAstin. Especially from comments/feedback in iherb and other online sites. Which was quite a surprise when I found out found AstaReal is equivalent if not ahead of the pack in terms of technology. CO2 extraction? AstaReal already using it. After spending time researching I decided to buy Source Naturals's Astaxanthin, which uses AstaReal. I'm not happy with SN packaging. Their safety seal dropped off easily sometimes - which is a safety concern. There might be other brands using AstaReal but only SN indicate this and hence I decided to buy SN. Best part is that it is on 2mg which allows me to spread the intake to twice a day for better absorption. Wish other brands would highlight their source of astaxanthin and balance the level playing field. It is now too dominated by Zanthin and BioAstin.

marcia

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 02, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I'm trying this for the first time and it takes times for product to really work but I'm having incredible results with mood, energy and overall feeling better..woth the try!!!!!

Asytaxanthin

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 30, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Very pleased with this product. Definitely eases eye discomfort.

Astaxanthin

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 08, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This was my second time to order the Source Naturals, Astaxanthin. Dr. Oz mentioned on his show that there was a new anti-oxidant that no one had ever heard of and we should all get a pen to write it down. It was Astaxanthin; I went to the cupboard and pulled out my nearly empty bottle & showed my husband. He was impressed that we were already taking something most had never heard of and that was the day I re-ordered. Source Natuals has never let me down!

Best antioxidant yet!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 28, 2011 | Verified Purchase

According to Dr. Mercola, this is the best all around antioxidant available. It is also supposed to offer protection for sunburn and radiation. I take one 2 mg. dose morning and evening.

helpful for skin, may be a good complement for fish oil

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 10, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Does have a noticeable effect on fine wrinkles, whether you take it internally for weeks or apply it topically for days. The effect disappears quickly once you stop, and I don't entirely trust the safety of this compound beyond what I get from eating generous helpings of wild salmon. Still I believe you get what's advertised here; I'm only holding out for more research.

Good antioxidant

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 24, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Been using Source Naturals Astaxanthin for a while now and "hope" it continues to protect my system from too much environmental damage!

Very stimulating after extended use

Posted by Vizion on Jul 07, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Firstly I'd like to note that this product uses AstaReal, made in Sweden. If you look at the videos, this seems to be the Astaxanthin source to aim for. Secondly, I need to say that this supplement is very stimulating, at first it was fine although after I went through approximately 2 mg x 180 softgels (the product I'm reviewing contains 2 mg x 120), then it became borderline over-stimulating. I could not tolerate caffeine very well any longer and I felt an aversion to stimulating products in general, like ginseng and others. I had a certain 'lifted up' feeling like when I was walking outside I felt like my body's internal processes somewhere were simply on overdrive, so it felt like I would suddenly start levitating or that my sense of spatial perception was a bit too tense. On the plus side I can definitely commit to consistent, intense mental tasks for longer without any feeling after a few hours of "Ok I'm too tired now", this let me continue for longer. Another effect is when I was jogging I felt more at ease, like it was easier, in this area perhaps I am in line with the scientific studies done on cyclists. Overall it seems like a healthy product in extended use which seems to make mental and physical exertion easier, although for me I find it has over-stimulatory negatives which make me feel "lifted up", which really take a long time to dissipate, at first I could handle 3 capsules in a single day and feel fine, although these days I am cautious with even 1.

astaxanthin

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 06, 2015 | Verified Purchase

works so well

These pills really work

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 26, 2008 | Verified Purchase

The algae derived Astaxanthin is very potent. I can feel these pills helping my body. Highly recommended.

1 2