Vitamin B-6 for Noise/Sound/Light Sensitivity, Nerve Support, Pyroluria

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 26, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have been using this 500 mg tablet of vitamin B-6 for years. The tablet is smaller than a 500 mg capsule. I appreciate that it is time release. B-6 gives support and soothes the nervous system. I am naturally sensitive to light, sound and various noises. With enough B-6, I don't care if a 747 lands in my living room. B-6 is a necessary co-factor (with vitamin C) to convert the raw material precursor 5HTP (tryptophan) to the neurotransmitter Serotonin. Serotonin is the brain neurotransmitter that is enhanced by Prozac/Paxil/Zoloft and other SSRI's. It is possible that some depression and other problems are nothing more than a B-6 deficiency. B-6 is also necessary for the synthesis of 3 other important brain neurotransmitters. Although this supplement gives 25,000% of the Daily Value, many people need and benefit from this level of supplementation. Also, I have Pyroluria, a genetic condition which causes destruction and excretion of B-6. It is a condition which is often not diagnosed by doctors, although there is a urine test available on the internet for $55. I use 2 or 3 tablets daily to feel good. Without this supplementation, I experience some of the symptoms of B-6 deficiency, such as anemia and fatigue and sensitivities to light and sound. Too much can cause temporary numbness in the toes, which goes away if you decrease the doseage. This is an important part of the B-complex. However, the amount of B-6 in most B-complex supplements is only 100 mg. This is not enough to really get the full benefit of B-6. This is why a 500 mg tablet is very useful. Also my wife found it valuble to treat morning sickness during pregnancy. Staatsburg, New York.

Does not work at all, cannot be metabolized with impaired liver

Posted by PurplePegasus on Feb 12, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I have liver illness. I bought this because of the top reviewing comment here but it does not work. It doesn't do anything at all. I will go back to the P5P/PAK activated B6 from Country Life which doesn't need to be metabolized by the liver. This pill is a nightmare for me. I'm on edge, neighbors being driving me up the wall for 3 days in a row and I can't calm down with this. It's a useless pill for me, maybe even toxic. The timed-released coating, even when broken in half, completely prevents digestion and metabolizing. No good, zero stars!

CARPAL TUNNEL

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 16, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This vitamin B-6 along with Doctors Best MSM, have all but eliminated my carpal tunnel symptoms. My hands and arms used to fall asleep while writing, and the pain in my arms would wake me up at night. One night I got out my medical books and started searching for an answer. These two supplements were the only two that I found that might help, so I ordered them both. After about a month, I no longer have any pain, and my hands rarely fall asleep. I highly recommend this combination!!

Haven´t tried it yet

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 29, 2014 | Verified Purchase

but it will be fine

mollie means

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 07, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This is the first time to take this one. No complaints and I will purchase this again.

Source Naturals - Vitamin B-6, 500 Mg

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 03, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Excellent - time release - part of my daily vitamin therapy for years, glad to be able to find a reliable supplier for an excellent and necessary product.

helps my migraines

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 04, 2008 | Verified Purchase

It seems to be helping me. I take only one at night with dinner.

Essential support

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 17, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This is part of my daily routine. I just feel better when I take it.

Goot product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 27, 2011 | Verified Purchase

The B6 help that HMG stays in normal blood values

Source Naturals, Vitamin B6-500

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 19, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Cardiologist for my husband added B6-500 to his heart medicine daily regime. I found it at iHerb cheaper than anyone else. Couldn't even find it in local stores. It does well to keep down fluid retention.

1 2 3