Stock up.

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 10 2012 | Verified Purchase

Better stock up on these if you really feel that they help you, because the FDA is looking to classify p5p as a drug and ban it from being sold just like they did with another form of vitamin B6 called pyridoxamine. Those of you with pyroluria, or who simply can't convert pyridoxal HCL into p5p very well, be warned.

Better than a diuretic

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 16 2010 | Verified Purchase

Mom had edema due to her A-fib & CHF. Fluid would build up in the lungs, and her feet and ankles would swell up. Her MD prescribed a diuretic (Lasix, aka furosemide) for the edema, but that caused confusion & memory problems, and required potassium supplementation and regular blood tests. Then a ND suggested B-6 as an alternative to Lasix. It worked, but i worried about the amount of B-6 he prescribed. I found this product, and was able to halve the dosage. Just one of these in the morning, along with a B-complex, usually does the trick. If i notice swelling in her feet/ankles, i supplement for a few days with an additional 100mg in the evening. This coenzymated form seems more effective than standard B-6, and is supposed to be easier on the liver. Mom is now off the diuretic & potassium, and the confusion is gone.

best value p5p I can find

Posted by Mark1982 on August 22 2012 | Verified Purchase

I take p5p for HPL (pyroluria) I cut these tablets in half because they are too strong at 300mg

More bioavailable

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 17 2016 | Verified Purchase

So Dr. James Wilson, in his book for healing adrenal fatigue, said that the tell tale sign for a B6 deficiency, is not remembering your dreams. Not only did I not remember them, I didn't think I even had any! Of course, still sitting on the fence as to whether I believed it anyway, I initially bought a supplement with B6 as pyridoxine HCI. After 6 months of taking it, I still wasn't remembering my dreams, although I was becoming away of having them. Dr Wilson also talks about how some people have trouble converting B6 like this into its active form, so therefore switch to the more expensive but more bioavailable B6 as P-5-P, which this is. I've only been taking it for a month now, and I can honestly say I'm remembering dreams for the first 5-10 mins I wake up if I focus on them. So I take that as an indicator that these are working for me. I'm also only having 1/4 of a tablet a day, to supplement what's already in my B-complex, so it makes it good value for money.

Great!

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 28 2009 | Verified Purchase

It really helps my husband with pain in his shoulder. He can again move much more.

coenzymated b6

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 20 2015 | Verified Purchase

fist time I took this I felt incredibly nauseated, burping etc but it stayed down, second time I vomited and so I have felt it necessary to leave a review, do these react with stomach acid for form another (toxic) compound??? for pyroluria I have found combination of zinc, manganese, magnesium, vit a and B6 good, a b vit complex and also to support detox of pyroles- a combination of selenium/vit E/vit c

Coenzymated and great price

Posted by psoriasis on March 31 2014 | Verified Purchase

This product contains the coenzymated (active) form of vitamin B6 and at dose 300 mg per tablet it can last you for 4-6 months! Just split the tablets into the 4 pieces and still get 75 mg of B6 per day for whole 120 days.

High dose good for pyroluria

Posted by iHerb Customer on September 27 2013 | Verified Purchase

In convenient dose, 1 tablet in morning as per naturopath's instructions for pyroluria. She said pyridoxine is now not recommended as necessary to also take. Have since read some people do better on 100mg 3 times a day.

Coenzymated B-6

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 10 2016 | Verified Purchase

Great stuff, only downgraded my rating because they are only sold in such small quantities, necessitating buying many bottles to get a good three months supply!!

Good High Dose

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 15 2018 | Verified Purchase

Only criticism, I wish it came in larger sizes, 60 or more tablets.

1 2