Stock up.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 10, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Better stock up on these if you really feel that they help you, because the FDA is looking to classify p5p as a drug and ban it from being sold just like they did with another form of vitamin B6 called pyridoxamine. Those of you with pyroluria, or who simply can't convert pyridoxal HCL into p5p very well, be warned.

Better than a diuretic

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 16, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Mom had edema due to her A-fib & CHF. Fluid would build up in the lungs, and her feet and ankles would swell up. Her MD prescribed a diuretic (Lasix, aka furosemide) for the edema, but that caused confusion & memory problems, and required potassium supplementation and regular blood tests. Then a ND suggested B-6 as an alternative to Lasix. It worked, but i worried about the amount of B-6 he prescribed. I found this product, and was able to halve the dosage. Just one of these in the morning, along with a B-complex, usually does the trick. If i notice swelling in her feet/ankles, i supplement for a few days with an additional 100mg in the evening. This coenzymated form seems more effective than standard B-6, and is supposed to be easier on the liver. Mom is now off the diuretic & potassium, and the confusion is gone.

best value p5p I can find

Posted by Mark1982 on Aug 22, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I take p5p for HPL (pyroluria) I cut these tablets in half because they are too strong at 300mg

Great!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 28, 2009 | Verified Purchase

It really helps my husband with pain in his shoulder. He can again move much more.

Coenzymated and great price

Posted by psoriasis on Mar 31, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This product contains the coenzymated (active) form of vitamin B6 and at dose 300 mg per tablet it can last you for 4-6 months! Just split the tablets into the 4 pieces and still get 75 mg of B6 per day for whole 120 days.

High dose good for pyroluria

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 27, 2013 | Verified Purchase

In convenient dose, 1 tablet in morning as per naturopath's instructions for pyroluria. She said pyridoxine is now not recommended as necessary to also take. Have since read some people do better on 100mg 3 times a day.

coenzymated b6

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 20, 2015 | Verified Purchase

fist time I took this I felt incredibly nauseated, burping etc but it stayed down, second time I vomited and so I have felt it necessary to leave a review, do these react with stomach acid for form another (toxic) compound??? for pyroluria I have found combination of zinc, manganese, magnesium, vit a and B6 good, a b vit complex and also to support detox of pyroles- a combination of selenium/vit E/vit c

More bioavailable

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 17, 2016 | Verified Purchase

So Dr. James Wilson, in his book for healing adrenal fatigue, said that the tell tale sign for a B6 deficiency, is not remembering your dreams. Not only did I not remember them, I didn't think I even had any! Of course, still sitting on the fence as to whether I believed it anyway, I initially bought a supplement with B6 as pyridoxine HCI. After 6 months of taking it, I still wasn't remembering my dreams, although I was becoming away of having them. Dr Wilson also talks about how some people have trouble converting B6 like this into its active form, so therefore switch to the more expensive but more bioavailable B6 as P-5-P, which this is. I've only been taking it for a month now, and I can honestly say I'm remembering dreams for the first 5-10 mins I wake up if I focus on them. So I take that as an indicator that these are working for me. I'm also only having 1/4 of a tablet a day, to supplement what's already in my B-complex, so it makes it good value for money.

Economical if you split

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 08, 2012 | Verified Purchase

The dose seems massive but I split them into quarters and take them multiple times a day. It's good that the tablets generally split pretty evenly. On a milligram basis, it's the cheapest P5P available at iherb. My wife cannot tolerate tablets so she uses pure P5P powder, and it's more expensive than this product.

Vital & often deficient nutrient.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 03, 2011 | Verified Purchase

P5P has been a vital inclusion to my regime & has literally reversed my symptoms, poor digestion & assimilation within days. Excellent product

1 2