Doctor was astounded

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 01, 2011 | Verified Purchase

A family member was strongly advised by his doctor to start taking statin drugs due to his high triglyceride and total cholesterol numbers. After reading about the possible side effects of statin drugs, he wasn't sure that was the route he wanted to go. Having just read an article about the cholesterol-lowering effects of grapefruit pectin, I suggested he try that first, and he decided to try it. When he was re-tested about three months later, his triglyceride level had gone from 405 to 157! His doctor was astounded. Unfortunately, the lab dropped the ball and didn't do the total cholesterol test, but we expect it will be just as impressive on re-check.

Julie VanderMolen

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 07, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I like this product because it keeps my cholesteral under control and the price is right.

Good fiber

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 03, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Easy to consume, unlike most fibers that require you to mix with water. Just remember to drink lots of water.

Grapefruit Pectin

Posted by Jasmine44 on Feb 12, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I take this as a precaution to keep arteries clean. Easy to take and great price

I know this is good for your arteries

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 28, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have read many times how good this is on your veins/arteries have not been taking it long-enough about a week or two but it can take up two six month to clear out and clean your arteries a good thing for people waiting for a bye-pass.

Grapefruit Pectin helps the heart

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 03, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Grapefruit pectin has helped me keep my cholesterol levels in check.

Good stuff

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 05, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I couldn't tell you how good the product is. I take it on the recommendation of Dr. David Williams who suggests that it clears your arteries. I do anything that gives hope of preventing future heart attacks.

Quality & Value

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 24, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This is an excellent product, the best value grapefruit pectin I could find.

Cardiovascular and benefit blood sugar.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 08, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Grapefruit Pectin (Citrus paradisi) effects plasma cholesterol, triglycerides, very low-density lipoprotein cholesterol, low-density lipoprotein cholesterol, high-density lipoprotein cholesterol, and the low-density lipoprotein:high-density lipoprotein cholesterol. It can help with those who have high cholesterol because cholesterol binds to it instead of the arterial linings of your heart. This means less cholesterol, less problems with high blood pressure. I grind the 3 pills up with my magic bullet and dump the powder into my morning drink. I have a cholesterol of 158 so hope to reduce it with these pills. Won't know the results until the next test. If you are on blood thinners you may need to consult your physician before taking this. GP is also supposed to help diabetics (which I am not).

nice