Help

Think Clear

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 27, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I was depressed for about 1 year and had not medical insurance. I went into my local health food store and asked for something. I have been taking L-Tryptophan 3 xs a day for 2 months now and I can think clearer and am not crying all the time. I can get up in the morning and look forward to a day and go to bed without crying myself to sleep. I recommend this to anyone who needs something for depression.

For my depression

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 19, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have suffered from depression my whole life and have been put on several antidepressants and none of them worked for me and had horrible side effects. Since I have started taking L-Tryptophan I have not suffered one day of depression. Unlike before I started taking this product I suffered from severe depression, life wasn't worth living depression. I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!!!!

great for sleep, mild depression

Posted by alloriginal on May 02, 2013 | Verified Purchase

due to various issues, I've spent decades searching for the perfect sleep. I've tried nearly everything. Most nutrients did very little, most medications left me feeling like a drugged-out zombie. That's not how I want to live, so I kept searching, until I stumbled onto this (in an Iherb review, no less): each evening at bedtime I take one teaspoon of glycine powder, a half-teaspoon of taurine powder, and a quarter teaspoon of Gaba powder. I stir these into lukewarm water. They mix easily and completely, and the taste is mildly sweet. I take tryptophan and magnesium capsules at the same time. Within minutes a gentle sleep blanket comes over me. I then sleep 7-8 uninterrupted hours, and wake up refreshed and feeling great. My wife, who has always been a very light sleeper, and would be awakened byu the slightest noise, reports that she sleeps more deeply and wakes up much less often. This combination really works! I believe that nutritional supplements saved my life. I've tried a lot of products, and I know what works and what doesn't. My reviews are honest, straighforward, and based on my experience. Read my other reviews to quickly learn from my three decades of research and experimentation.

L-Tryptophan Benefits

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 28, 2007 | Verified Purchase

L-Tryptophan is better than any sleeping pill; works great for RLS (restless leg syndrome) as well as for Tourette's Syndrom and OCD (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder); and reducing anxiety.

It Works!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 30, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I consistenly reorder this product because it works beautifully. If I'm stressed, I take one or two and it calms be down. For sleeping purposes, I take two or three and I'm asleep. The capsules work for me but the tablets do not.

no more depression

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 04, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Both my sister and I seem to have inherited a tendency towards depression. This has helped us both, plus it's a great sleep aid. I only take one in the morning and one before bed, although the recommendation is for higher dosage. It's more effective than the antidepressants the doctors gave me - and doesn't have any bad side effects.

Works on a recovering addict with sleeping problems

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 07, 2009 | Verified Purchase

its all in the title

Source Naturals L-Tryptophan

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 08, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This product has been the most useful of anything I have tried for a natural sleep aid.

Excellent for sleep

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 20, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This was the first time I've tried L-Tryptophan alone and it has helped alot with getting to sleep as well as keeping my mood stable.

This works well for me

Posted by ellelisw on May 23, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I've been a restless sleeper for a long time and have tried many products to help. Tryptophan has brought the best results... I can fall asleep and sleep well without feeling "hungover" in the morning. The side effect is I'm more refreshed, calmer and happier throughout the day. I couple this with L-Theanine and/or relora when I'm especially stressed. I don't use it every night but I do find that, if I don't take it on a regular basis, my restlessness and sleeplessness return and I'm more stressed during the day. I've tried other labels for tryptophan, but of the brands iHerb carries, Source Naturals has been the most consistently potent and effective for me. Plus, the price cannot be beat.