Dislike the mannitol and sorbitol - going to try California Xtracts or Jarrow Formulas. Note: high doses of B12 may deplete iodine, iron, zinc, manganese

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Jan 20, 2014 | Verified Purchase

1) Pure Advantage methyl-B12 spray - ineffective (I wonder about the sorbate preservative in it); 2) InterPlexus Inc NutriSorb liquid hydroxycobalamin - effective but still needs to be 'converted' to active form - I found the one drop dose suggested on label isn't enough; 3) Solgar cyanocobalamin 1mg sublingual - dissolves too fast and not as effective as active methyl-B12; 4) Natural Factors methyl-B12 1mg sublingual - dissolves too fast under tongue but found it better inbetween gum/lip where it will sit and dissolve more slowly. Iodine/B12 are synergists - suggest adding/increasing either one if taking more of the other, especially long term. Same is true of other nutrients such as manganese and zinc (both need cobalt, high cobalt may deplete them) - could be why some people note headaches after taking high doses of B12 (both high and low manganese can cause migraine-headaches). High doses of B12 will also deplete iron - they are antagonists. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

The best Methylcobalamin I tried till now with a good taste!

Posted by Reviewer1491632 on Feb 22, 2012 | Verified Purchase

In the past I tried a lot of high dose (5 mg) sublingual Methylcobalamin supplements from different brands. But I had a couple of problems with most brands. The 5 mg Methylcobalamin pills from Now Foods and Superior Source (microlingual) are not good protected to degradation. Some pills from this brands are broken in the bottle or worse there's sometimes not much left from some pills, only powder! The taste from some Methylcobalamin supplements is also mostly to sweet, like you are eating cheap and to sweet candy. But the sublingual methylcobalamin pills from source naturals have a more neutral fresh taste (a bit more like toothpaste) and the pills don't degradate at all! No broken pills and no powder at all, only complete pills. The only negative point of the methylcobalamin pills from source naturals is the additive content, that could be less. Greetings from the Netherlands

Great Product!

Posted by Reviewer2737500 on Nov 04, 2011 | Verified Purchase

My doctor said I was deficient in B12. I've taken this product for two weeks. had blood test, and was no longer deficient!

methylcobalamin sublinguals

Posted by Reviewer1021450 on Feb 24, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Part of my porphyria protocol, the best B12 I can get to help with the peripheral neuropathy associated with porphyria and restless leg syndrome

No injections for me

Posted by Reviewer2346828 on Apr 16, 2010 | Verified Purchase

My B-12 level has dropped to around 200 and the MD wanted to start B-12 injections. I decided I wanted to use oral B-12 and my level within months was above normal. Much easier than injections. As a side point I put a diabetic cat on B-12 10mg once a day for her neuropathy that the Vet said would never go away. Within months her neuropathy was gone and she was able to walk normally again. This was 5 years ago and she hasn't had to take B-12 in 4 years and none of the symptoms have returned.

Tasty and easy B12

Posted by Krisinsight on Jul 24, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Melts easily under your tongue and contains the best form of B12 for hypothyroid people, methylcobalamin.

MethylCobalamin

Posted by Reviewer2759975 on Feb 26, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Very happy with all purchases and especially with the speed of the delivery. Several of the MethylCobalamin were broken - split in half sideways as one would slice a bun.

VERY POTENT

Posted by Reviewer2839470 on Jan 05, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I just had a b12 test and my b12 is WAY too high. It's a sign this stuff works and that I can cut it back to only two pills per week.

Great product!

Posted by Reviewer1721303 on Jan 06, 2011 | Verified Purchase

We read about how vitamin B-12 can help with dementia and early alzheimers. My grandma began taking 5mg 3 times a day and it is amazing to her progress. She was very forgetful and repeating thing over and over again. She has been on the B-12 for about 2 months now and we are already seeing an improvment.

Source Naturals, MethylCobalamin

Posted by Reviewer3252374 on Dec 18, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I love this product and comes highly recommended from a brilliant Dr. that I am acquainted with. Please keep carrying this product.

1 2 3 4