Great sleep and mood aid, split the tablets to get the dose you need

Posted by NaturalMum on May 16, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This is a great way to start of with a flushing form of niacin. Split the tablets to begin with and work your way up to a whole. I love these tablets, great just before bed to ensure sleep and really great for the problem I have in waking up in the middle of the night and not getting back to sleep. I just have one of these and I'm back asleep in no time. Niacin is also great for mood disorders and cholesterol...do some research and you'll be amazed that this nutrient isn't more widely taken. I found this brand to have the strongest flush for its strength which I believe is an indication of a quality niacin supplement. Please click 'yes' if you found this helpful and click my NaturalMum link above for more reviews on natural beauty products, vitamins and supplements.

forget statins, take niacin and save (money and health)

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 14, 2008 | Verified Purchase

a good price. I avoid the more extensive non-flushing, some forms of non-flushing are riskier at high dosages according to a Veterans hospital study. Taking niacin is as effective, cheaper, and safer than taken those nasty statin drugs that give you muscle weakness. Don't be a sucker, endure a little flushing each day to keep those arteries clean.

Niacin

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 24, 2008 | Verified Purchase

My doctor wanted me to take statins for high cholesterol, since those are know to casue liver and kidney damage, I flat out said NO. I found (on a gov website) that Naicin was 30% MORE effective at reducing high cholesterol than statins. My count went from 270 down to 196 in 6 months. The 100mg size is just the right amount, (very minor or no flush occurs). Note: If you have a major flush lasting longer than a minute or two, your taking too much, (per a recent doctors study thats available online) Take AFTER a FULL meal!!

Best low dose niacin

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 03, 2012 | Verified Purchase

After reading Hoffer's book on niacin we became nightly users. Read the book! We were using a different brand - using a tablet cutter to dose it lower - 25mg for my child and 50mg for me. The other brand would break and crumble. Source Naturals is made slightly thicker (more binders, but that's ok) and it cuts perfectly. I feel confident in the dosing of this tablet. We've already placed another order...

not as 'flushy' as capsules

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 20, 2009 | Verified Purchase

These are tablets - they are not as fast-acting as capsules. My last niacin was capsules which caused more flushing at 200mg doses. These I am taking 750mg at a time and tolerating easily.

Doesn't seem to work for me

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 03, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Seems to be a time release and does not work as well as Solgar 250mg or Twinlabs 500mg. I took 3-5 of these tablets and hardly get any flushing whereas I always get flushing with the other products.

Very good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 01, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Maybe it's just my imagination, but when I take daily niacin, I feel like I can think better--better memory and faster thinking. Also, it seems to produce a little burst of energy. This product causes a little flush, like any immediate release niacin. I like that this formula also contains some calcium. As with all iHerb supplements, it is very well priced. Thanks iHerb!

Finally got things done

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 15, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I've been struggling with depression, fatigue and panic disorder since early youth, and procrastination and lack of energy has been my best friends for years. After a day at work and walking my dog, there simply wouldn't be any energy mentally or physically to do cleaning or things I'd postponed for weeks. I then would get so sad that I was unable to do the things I wanted to, that the depressive thoughts made it impossible. Starting with 25 mgs a meal and gradually increasing (wouldn't want a bad flushing experience the first time because of my anxiety) this has made a HUGE difference. I've always taking the most basic supplements and been eating healthy, and never really felt that it would make any noticeable differences at all what I took/ate. But this stuff gave me a lift in my energylevels and removed my most depressive thinking/mood (without in no way working as a anti-depressant, I'm still feeling). Excited to see if it will last and how it will work to further increase the dosage as I'm now on just 200 mg pr day (but still is a "high" dosage according to the recommended daily intake in Norway which is at 16 mg for women my age).

Niacin good for your mood

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 19, 2016 | Verified Purchase

After reading about niacin and its impact on arthritis, mental health issues etc. (See Andrew Saul - niacin), we are finding some wonderful improvements in our health and mood since starting to take megadoses of niacin. Since niacin will help with circulation you should expect to feel a flushing hot sensation that does not last for very long (up to 45 minutes) and this may be accompanied by itchy skin during the flush.

Good suppliment

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 20, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I take i for better cholesterol ratios and it really works. Between 100-300 mg my HDL increased by 10-12%, ldl went down by 5%. Between 500-800 HDL increased by 22% and ldl went down by 21%. ApoB down by 14% All this in 5 months.