Product arrived spoiled

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Dec 20, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Purchased and opened April this year, expiry Oct next year. While the container arrived with seal in place, when I removed the lid and inner seal I found the powder was a solid yellow rock inside. I was able to chip away at it a little to get a taste in some water. It's tart/sour though I like that kind of flavour. What little I was able to mix seemed to dissolve well. Shame - I really wanted to try this. Won't purchase again - too costly. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

A great product, albeit an expensive one

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 19, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This product is somewhat expensive; however it is of good quality and it is very difficult to find OKG online. I'm on a high protein diet and it is an excellent ammonia scavenger. I feel the difference on the days I take it, more energetic. A clinical trial showed that high doses of OKG (10g/day) improved 1RM performance in trained athletes

OKG

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 05, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I think this is a great product, have been using it on and off for years. I think this is a multi-faceted product, I find it helps both during workouts and also helping recovery afterwards as well as help reduce joint pain when taken long term.

OKG

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 05, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Excellent! Been looking everywhere for this! Necessary part of the Krebs cycle and no one seems to have it available!

I'm really struggling to fight fatigue.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 03, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I do not care at all for the taste, very very tart, but seems to help a little. Will stick with and hope for more, but right now a little is good!

Clumpy

Posted by Specialist on Aug 13, 2017 | Verified Purchase

The first time I opened it up, it was already clumpy with moisture even though the expiration date isn't for 3 years. The powder was filled all the way to the top of the bottle and a freshness pack squeezed into the top was obviously inadequate to keep it free flowing. I've used AAKG before and have not had a moisture problem like that. Thought I'd try OKG, but am not inspired to get another one from this brand. It is very tart, so in the meantime, diluting 1 tsp in 32oz of water/carbonated water makes it more palatable. If you take it with less liquid, it feels like it's etching your teeth! In combination with carbonated water It does seem to help with my energy.