Help

A sane alternative to anti-depressants

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 01, 2007 | Verified Purchase

Like millions of people diagnosed with clinical depression, I have spent decades taking psychiatric prescription medications. While these medications initially proved very effective in treating my disorder, over time they became ineffective in treating my depression and began to produce crippling, negative side-effects. As I weaned myself off of the prescription anti-depressants, I sought an herbal alternative to help me deal with life-stress. My personal experiences with St John's Wort have been remarkable. Within days of starting this therapy, I began to feel better than I have in months! I don't expect everyone to enjoy the same dramatic benefits, but I stronglhy encourage all depression sufferes to try this age-old remedy. Don't be surprised if your psychaitrist advises against this therapy. Psychiatrists often eschew natural treatments in favor of prescriptions. Don't let this deter you. Youn owe it to yourself to feel the sense of well-being that St John's Wort cna provide. I will update this review as I continue to use the product.

St John's Wort 450mg

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 26, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I got this to help my son deal with his ADHD. I have been very pleased with the results in a short amount of time. He says he feels a sense of calm come over him when he takes them, and he sure shows it! Chalk it up for another herbal remedy!!!!

great for sleep

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 19, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I have trouble falling and staying asleep because of Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. In both of these conditions, serotonin is in short supply, a vital brain chemical that is required for sleep. St Johns Wort (SJW) is a natural "selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor" (SSRI) which means that it slows down the recycling of serotonin and makes more of it available for the brain. Taking 450-750 mg SJW at bedtime gives me a very restful sleep without the hangover feeling of a typical drug. And this product by Source Naturals gives me a standardized amount so that I don't get too much or too little. Good luck!

Best!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 23, 2015 | Verified Purchase

A close relative has been using this for over 5 years and has tried at least 15 other brands. This was recommended by a Pharmacist. Works very well, for the mild to medium depression. FYI In clinical trials up to 2400mg has been used. You can start with 2 450 mg. in the AM and if you need more, add 1- 450mg. about 3:pm. Not later, or you may not sleep or you could become too sleepy. Have recommended to other friends as well and they have had very good results. You must be patient and kind to yourself, depression is hard to deal with. This isn't 100% but very close. Be patient, it takes time to kick in and take all year through. Light boxes, good nutrition, enough sleep 7-8 hrs. at least, and light to medium exercises also helps with the St. Johns Wort. This is an excellent quality herb. Very good luck.

I'm really better!!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 08, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Just after few first tablets I started to feel much better. My mood improved:)

Been using it for several years

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 28, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Whenever I run out and fail to order I feel the difference. I am very satisfied with the Source Natural brand.

The Best

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 28, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I've taken several brands over the years and all of them eventually pooped out, after a relatively short period. SN brand works great and initially I loved that you only had to take it twice daily, instead of three times. But after just a couple weeks I found that taking just one a day (in the morning) worked best (two/day gives me brain fog and makes me feel slow & stupid). I also take 200mg of l-theanine twice a day. Together they seem to heal what ills me. Sleep is much better, too.

Helps me smooth out my emotions

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 16, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I've been using St. John's Work for many years after seeing a convincing story on ABC TV. Source Naturals brand is very good with consistent quality. The 450 mg size has worked better for me than the standard 300 mg tablets.

St. John's Wort

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 13, 2008 | Verified Purchase

It's been about 2 weeks and I can feel the difference. I had taken St. John's Wort previously and it had worked for me. I hadn't taken it in years and found myself in a mild depression that wasn't letting up. I'm feeling more like myself and getting better day by day. I like that this is only two pills a day rather than the 3, 3 times a day of other products.

Wow

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 20, 2009 | Verified Purchase

These work much better than I expected.

1 2 3 4