great for sleep

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 19, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I have trouble falling and staying asleep because of Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. In both of these conditions, serotonin is in short supply, a vital brain chemical that is required for sleep. St Johns Wort (SJW) is a natural "selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor" (SSRI) which means that it slows down the recycling of serotonin and makes more of it available for the brain. Taking 450-750 mg SJW at bedtime gives me a very restful sleep without the hangover feeling of a typical drug. And this product by Source Naturals gives me a standardized amount so that I don't get too much or too little. Good luck!

Great for depression treatment

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 28, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I`m a person who is very prone to depression. I didn`t feel very depressed when I started taking St. John`s wort but I slept for 14 hours a day and felt very tired. After 6 weeks I sleep for 8 hours like a normal person, don`t feel tired and feel much happier!!!

Source Naturals, St. John's Wort Extract, 300 mg, 240 Tablets

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 18, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Potent extract I have been using for years with great results

Cheer Up

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 01, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Great for SAD, I only take it for 7 or 8 months of the year, but makes a big difference.

St John's Wort extract

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 07, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I have been taking this product for several years. I feel alert & in a good mood everyday

St. Johns Wort Extract is effective against mental depression and a number of viruses

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 14, 2017 | Verified Purchase

St. Johns Wort is very effective against mental depression and a number of viruses (especially Dengue virus).