TERRIBLE for asthma. Be mindful that Taurine is a chelator - aggravator of immune system - antagonist of B12, magnesium, manganese, copper

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Mar 03, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Simply put - I believe this dose of Taurine is too high, and here are some reasons to support why I say that. Many women develop chronic fatigue syndrome, multiple chemical sensitivity, or hormonal disorders, often after trying different things in an attempt to lose weight or otherwise improve their appearance (e.g. hair, skin, nails or 'liver cleanse'). Taurine may initially work for many people because they're lacking nutrients (e.g. sulfur, also essential for collagen), or because they're taking/eating/doing things that inhibit Taurine (e.g. B5, beta-alanine). Others may have high levels of minerals such as manganese, copper - high levels can be caused by a lack of synergists (e.g. sulfur), or poor liver function (which can also be a result of low manganese). As a natural chelator of things GOOD and BAD, over time Taurine will deplete things like manganese, and (like everything) there's a point where reduced manganese becomes a bad thing - manganese is essential for gluconeogenesis, mitochondrial superoxide dismutase and thyroid function. High doses of Taurine can also contribute to a B12 deficiency (sulfur needs B12), copper deficiency (sulfur antagonises copper), or selenium deficiency (high sulfur will deplete selenium - selenium is essential for converting thyroid hormone T4 to T3). These are things to be mindful of when supplementing high doses of Taurine for longer periods of time, especially if diet is imbalanced. Thus I've seen it suggested by reputable sources I respect/trust that Taurine is not ideal for long term use, and this is true of my experience. I do not recommend Taurine for anyone who is not eating optimally, has an immune system disorder or who takes/does things that upregulate gluconeogenesis (e.g. asthma steroids), ESPECIALLY if not also supporting increased gluconeogenesis with a corresponding increase in co-factors and non-carbohydrate food sources. ADDITIONALLY - (1) At high doses, sulfur affects the central nervous system, provoking an INFLAMMATORY response; (2) Hair/skin/nail conditions (i.e. collagen) can also be caused by low copper - more sulfur (i.e. Taurine), vit C etc, will not help - both are copper antagonists at high doses. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Good for eyes, mood, high blood pressure, insulin resistance and yeast infections

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 17, 2014 | Verified Purchase

High quality. This stuff works great for eyes, elevating mood, yeast infections and regulating insulin and lowering blood pressure The amount is perfect. I take 3 with vitamin b complex. Since taking it my skin, nails and hair have never looked better. Taurine is a sulfur based amino acid that creates an anti inflammatory response which alleviates a lot of medical conditions. Thank you Taurine!!!

Good Kitties and for the heart.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 03, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I was using this for putting in my homemade kitty food. But, after I did some research on heart palpitations I found that Taurine is good for the nervous system and health heart function. It took only a couple of days taking the Taurine and my heart issues had stopped. I ran out of Taurine and after about a week the problems started up again. This works really well for the heart and sleep issues. Will continue to buy this product.

Great Results with Taurine

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 07, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have used other supplements that contained l-Taurine but this is such a critical nutrient for so many issues, (vision, stress, fluid retention) that having a high quality product of straight l-Taurine is extremely helpful and the quality of Source naturals is something that I can always count on.

Home made cat food

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 26, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I purchased this product to add to my home made cat food. It is very important that cats get enough of Taurine in their food. I will order more as needed from your company. It didn't take long for me to receive my order.

my iherb site

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 07, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Athanks for the very good products and prices you have. i´ll tell it to my friends. ose joao madeira portugal

Correcto

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 11, 2013 | Verified Purchase

No noto demasiado sus efectos

This is a important supplement for the proper functioning of the body's energy cycle when you sport.

Posted by My Page on Aug 23, 2017 | Verified Purchase

it can let our body quickly recover . I am take 1 tablet when sport after , it is really improve my Performance. However, I have more relevant experience, we can enter my page (Just click My Page) to share, you will certainly be interested.

GOOD

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 06, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I bought it for my cats. Delivery fast!Products are good !

brain food

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 04, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Taurine makes a difference in brain alertness

1 2