Worked for many issues

Posted by RabidChild on Jan 21, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This has helped me with insomnia and mild depression/anxiety. If I take a full tablet, I feel euphoric. The tablets are huge, I usually bite one in half to start and start chewing. The taste is not unpleasant. Had to switch to this variety because the one that contained Relora gave me headaches. I usually only take this late in the day because it calms me to the point of sleepiness. One strange side effect - my rheumatoid arthritis significantly diminished after I started taking this, not sure why!

Excelent and affordable sleep remedy

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 23, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This quality theanine extraction actually works. I am immune to most non-prescription sleep remedies. I don't even feel melatonin, I laugh at Chamomile, Valerian etc. waste of time for me. Theanine calms and enables sleep. This is the best price I've found anywhere.

anxiety-panic

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 11, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I started having panic attacks, didnt realize that is what was going on, was in and out of Drs appts and urgent cares and ERs trying to figure out what was wrong with me. Through all the panic I developed anxiety. I was sick!!! Finally one day i went to Dr and she put me on anti depressants and anti anxiety meds. I went thru 3 different anti depressants and all of them made my anxiety worse N i hated the way they made me feel (awful). I decided to research herbal supplements for my problem and i ended up ordering theanine serene. THIS STUFF WORKS. My anxiety levels are at bay and my panics have vanished. Only side effect is i cant sleep on them so i take one pill a day right when i wake up and Thats all i need! It gives me energy and makes me feel good about my well being. I take melatonin at night for sleep. If you suffer from anxiety and panic and dont want to take meds or are not having a good experience with meds- TRY THIS!!! Life saver for me.

Excellent Product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 23, 2007 | Verified Purchase

After taking this as prescribed for just 3 days I noticed a difference in my mood. I was much more "happy" and my mild depression was gone. I'm sleeping better too!

Calms me and makes me more socialable

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 19, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I can definitely tell that this product has helped me overcome social anxiety. I went to a reunion and saw old neighbors from 20-32 years ago, and I didn't feel my usual nervous self. But it doesn't help me stay asleep as it's helped others. I wake up around 2am still.

SJ Mackenzie

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 11, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I have found this most helpful in sleep assistance. My health practicioner recommended it and it has helped reestablish balance. I have noticed increased drowsiness during the night when I need to get up to the bathroom and some difficulty with my balance. thanks so much.

sleepytime

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 25, 2009 | Verified Purchase

For some reason I was expecting this to just make me feel calm & serene but this knocks me right out. I start nodding off about 20 minutes after I take it. It's definitely a nice natural sleep aid.

- Not serene at all -

Posted by Christal on Oct 19, 2010 | Verified Purchase

The other reviews speak highly of this product. For me, this only worked in helping me fall asleep for one week max. After that it was like taking nothing at all. I tried taking one tablet, two, three, even four @ bedtime. I still rolled around the bed up till 2-3AM. My brain was still thinking of 1001 things. And even when it did help knock me out the first week, my sleep quality did not improve. No refreshing sleep, still tired upon waking. I gave the rest of the bottle to a friend who has difficulty falling asleep. It only worked on him for 3 days and gave him lots of weird dreams. NOT buying again.

does relax

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 01, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I found i needed to take it in the morning as it kept me awake at night, though it produced relaxation, it induced an alert mental state. Theanine is used to produce gaba in the brain, it inhibits serotonin production and increases dopamine levels.

Works well...

Posted by MikeMember on Jan 27, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Works well for me in combination with melatonin at bedtime for restful sleep and sweet dreams.