Highest Quality, Non-Denatured, Protein Concentrate

Posted by Reviewer2963268 on Jan 28, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I prefer whey protein because it's pleasant tasting and not gritty like some vegan powders. You use less at a time as well. I mix it into my smoothies — can't tell it's in there. Whey protein is the best thing to raise your glutathione levels. This is premium quality, not heat-treated and is a protein concentrate, not an extract. Grass fed cows. Not certified organic but pretty close to it, at a slightly lower price.

The best of the cream of powders, imho.

Posted by Reviewer3129018 on Mar 26, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I've tried most of the whey powders here that don't have any sweeteners nor strange flavours, both isolates and concentrates. This is the most easily digestible — with isolates i would feel out of balance, and my wife just couldn't stomach them. Of the concentrates this (and i suppose the certified organic version, for the purists) is one of the top lot here and of these is the best value for money. But the clincher is how it has become an essential in my house. In a breakfast shake with a green powder (Paradise) and a liquid multivitamin (Bluebonnet's) and other supplements i feel balanced with good energy, yet without an appetite till about 2pm. Don't even feel like anything sweet. My wife complains she can't have lunches like she used to have with her coworkers as she is not hungry in the slightest (but wants to be)! Body fat level is dropping, muscles grow at the slightest exercise and are maintained. Truly my favourite protein powder.

excellent

Posted by Reviewer1508866 on May 01, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This whey protein is comparable to other higher-priced whey products ... but it's more affordable and it's healthier (read the product description, it's very pure and minimally-processed)

Foamy and difficult to dissolve, but probably good quality

Posted by Reviewer2681046 on Feb 01, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I bought this expensive protein powder lured by the good reviews of how pure and healthy it is. But unfortunately, even if it is so, the foaming and not so easy to dissolve texture make it less than perfect. I expected better for that price.

This company has a well deserved reputation for goodness.

Posted by Reviewer2814882 on Feb 29, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This is creamy texture and wonderful to mix in smoothies. Have fun with it. I always want to buy whey that does not have acesulfame or splenda in it. This has only natural goodness. I read where acesulfame is a natural cancer causer. I don't want that in my body. Even in the health food store here at home, I found whey products with acesulfame in them. You are what you eat!

wow

Posted by Reviewer2106073 on Apr 13, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I used to buy the Jarrow's whey but this one is better of texture. When you open the bottle you can immediately see the quality is a step above the Jarrow's whey. The price also, but you get what you pay for.

Very Excited!

Posted by adespoz on Apr 05, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I've only just 'discovered' non-denatured whey. I've been taking it for a few weeks now and I feel as though it is 'working'. Instant nutrition! It's hard to pin down, but my body just responds with a big 'yes' when I take this stuff. I'm quietly excited at the prospect of continuing this 'whey therapy'. And if, as studies seem to indicate, that supplementing with non-denatured whey increases levels of glutathione (see wiki) then I would recommend it to all people with CFS/FM. And best of all- the price! iHerb is much MUCH cheaper than sourcing similar products within Australia, even factoring in the shipping costs. Highly recommended.

great product

Posted by Reviewer2029219 on Jul 22, 2008 | Verified Purchase

i love this product, it tastes great with any shake combination! i highly recommend this product, i did lots of research into whey proteins and found this one to be of very good quality with a good price.

Grass fed dairy protein powder ...

Posted by 4745853834780770510 on Jun 25, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I bought this brand because it was the only one I found here that used dairy from grass-fed cows and it is also a significant savings over other brands I found. It has a very mild taste and very low sweetener. My kids prefer to add fruit or a shot of chocolate syrup but my husband likes it 'as is'. We use organic whole milk to mix with and it creates a nice foam on top. My husband takes it to work in a shaker bottle and mixes it with water as his breakfast most mornings.

One of the best!

Posted by Reviewer3049143 on Nov 02, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I am not a body builder or a daily aerobics warrior so I'm not looking for that mega dose of protein that those types seem to go for. Actually, I don't believe that most of the popular protein powders are healthy because they contain so many unhealthy ingredients. Many other protein powders also market themselves on the idea that you can mess around with food and end up with a convenient, instant powder that has low calories but still high protein. That's not food in my way of thinking. That's just chemical and nutrient manipulation--no thanks. Source Naturals is one of the best because of the care they put into the ingredients.Read the product description and you will see what I mean. the other plus is that this stuff really tastes good. People might complain that it doesn't mix in real well if you just toss it into a glass of milk or juice. I don't think it's that bad--it mixes in fairly well. I would rather put up with a few little lumps than ingest the chemicals that make stuff dissolve easily. You can use an immersion blender or just swallow the lumps. I like to blend this whey powder into my breakfast "salad" which is basically yogurt, avocado, fruit, nuts and anything else I might throw in. Makes it taste good.