very effective, incredible value

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 18, 2011 | Verified Purchase

By far the best value for I've found for this, with nearly twice as much gymnemic acid per penny as the next best deal (also from Source Naturals). Living up to the "Ultra Potency" name (which curiously isn't included in the catalog heading at iHerb), it not only has the most gymnema extract per tablet, but the extract is high-concentration, with 75% gymnemic acid. I can vouch that gymnema dramatically helps in managing blood sugar. I know this because I'd been trying to go without it temporarily, and am feeling the difference. As of the time I am posting, this has been out-of-stock at iHerb for at least a month-and-a-half. I tend to be frugal, and wanted to see if I could wait it out. I can't wait anymore. The product I'm ordering instead costs two-and-a-half times more per mg of gymnemic acid, which is disappointing. iHerb is usually very good with replenishing its stock, so I hope that this hasn't been discontinued.

Helps pancreatic beta cells

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 13, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Source Naturals Gymnema Sylvestra works the best out of the gymnema sylvestra supplements I have tried. After nine months of taking this formula, along with banaba, cinnamon, a multi-vitamin and fish/flax oils, moving around more, and eating a low-fat diet of fish, egg whites, and non-starchy vegetables my blood sugar is normal (previously my average blood sugar was 345). I also take Jarrow Adrenal Optimizer.

I don't want any more sweets

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 23, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This works great. Appetite decreases and cravings for sweets dissappear. Forgot to take for 2 days and notice thoughts of food starting to take "hold" as before. All in all, it helps you to eat sensibly - not taking all your appetite away so that you end uop eating a lot later, but giving you control over cravings and desire for junk food

Helps blood sugar stability

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 08, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This product is an integral part of my diabetes management program. I take this, chromium & alpha lipoic acid. I have blood sugar in truly normal range, 70-90 almost all the time. I have noticed my body is able to handle a healthy amount of natural carbohydrates thanks to gymnema, even if I skip a few days.

leveling

Posted by Kyriaki on Jan 08, 2013 | Verified Purchase

gymnema seems to level sugar without going over the top and making you hungry like some insulin products can. it really does curb carbohydrate/sugar cravings. i also put my mum on it because she was hungry and grumpy every 2 hours. highly recommended

Has kept me healthy for years

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 03, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This is a great inexpensive Gymnema. Its 550mg and it works. This may be a Californian company but its not about blondes and Californication. I love this product and until another product equally cheap and pure.

Excelent product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 09, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Great for lowering blood sugar type I diabetic as well as type II

Good, but could be improved further.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 01, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This high-potency formula is very good. It helps ease the strain on one of our bodies most stressed organs, the pancreas. With our sugar-loaded diets these days, this formulation is very much needed. The pancreas gets a lot of damage when we over-eat on sugar, pumping out insulin like crazy. Gymnema helps ease the stress on the pancreas, and also reduces cravings for crazy amounts of candy and chocolate. Perhaps could be improved with a couple of other additions like Chromium, cinnamon and ginger (all help metabolize sugar) but still a worthwhile purchase.

Life saver for cheat meals.

Posted by mozzer on Sep 02, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Take these along with some banaba with your next cheat meal or any meal that you need some damage control for. Greatly reduces, for me, the dizzy, sleepy feeling that comes after eating too much breads, pasta, potatoes.

Excellent product to manage Glucose Level

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 28, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Really works on lowering glucose level if taken in combination with WellBetX PGX

1 2 3 4