Why You Should Take a Digestive Enzymes Supplement

Posted by SEEKING-HEALTH REVIEWS on Jul 16, 2013 | Verified Purchase

On my Products-With-Reviews page, I have more reviews of other products I have bought and used. As we age, the natural enzymes produced by our body and digestive system are reduced. This inhibits the digestive process and does not allow us to properly break down the foods we eat and extract the vital nutrients we need. But perhaps more importantly, it reduces our ability to prevent oxidation and inflammation in the body. All cooked and processed food is devoid of enzymes and live foods contain active enzymes. There are many foods that present health problems for individuals. Sometimes the problem is occasional (such as a headache) and other times it is chronic (indigestion, gas, bloating). Foods that are always problematic and potentially toxic to the body include processed or cooked food, meat, dairy, cereal grain, gluten, soy and more. When digestive issues arise, it is common for consumers to reach for antacids or take medications. This may temporarily help, but the result is simply a reduction in the symptoms that you are experiencing and not a solution to the root cause of the problem. Stomach acid serves several vital roles including denaturing protein as a part of the digestive process, destroying bacteria and viruses ingested, and activating pepsinogen into the protease pepsin. It's true that an antacid may ease your heartburn for a while, but it also reduces your ability to digest your food, denature potential allergenic proteins and protect you from microorganisms. Taking a digestive enzymes supplement enhances the digestive process, increasing the nutritional value of your food. In addition, the common effects of indigestion, bloating, abdominal discomfort and gas are greatly alleviated. You will also find your need for antacids or medications may decrease substantially.

Miracle Supplement

Posted by CorruptKitten on Sep 19, 2007 | Verified Purchase

This product has worked for me and several different people that I know like a miracle. My boyfriend and his grandmother have super sensitive stomachs and cannot eat much, late, drink alcohol, etc., when they are on a regimen and take these regularly with large meals it takes away discomfort and allows them to be able to eat foods that they normally can't. As for myself I have trouble with gas and have never been able to take vitamins in pill form because of the effect they have on my stomach (nauseas cramping feelings). I now take 2 digestive enzymes eat a meal and take vitamin pills with no issues. This product truly is awesome if you have digest issues I highly recommend it!

Fantastic

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 21, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I have tried both types of caps and the veggie caps are much better for digestion. I swear by this product and its results.

Essentials

Posted by TinVal on Aug 18, 2012 | Verified Purchase

These enzymes are entirely from bacterial sources which means more than good quality. I send e-mail to "Source Naturals" and they respond me this: "All the enzymes within this product (both in original and vegetarian capsules) are derived from the fungal species, Aspergillus oryzae and Aspergillus niger."

TOTAL LIFE SAVER!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 31, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have spent hundreds of dollars trying to find a supplement for my digestion issues. My gastroenterologist suggested enzymes about a year ago. Finally, I found Source Naturals. What a great price & it works! I can finally have a meal without stomach issues like gas and bloating. I do have to take 2 with every meal, but it's so worth it. I'm so glad I found this product and it's affordable.

a good basic enzyme

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 19, 2008 | Verified Purchase

a good basic enzyme for the family. Enzymes are essential for anyone with uric acid build-up, for example. If one takes an enzyme before every meal, it is highly likely high uric acid and gout will be a thing of the past. my levels have completely normalized and I have had no problems for one & a half years! Vegetarian pancreatin by Source Naturals is also quite effective. Amazing change in digestion.

Great digestive aid

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 01, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I've tried many different brands of digestive enzymes but didn't find any to be effective until I tried this one. This really helps break down the food and eases digestion. You can see how potent this is by pouring it into a bowl of oatmeal (make sure it's not hot) and watch it become watery after a few minutes. I take one capsule for small meals and two for large and heavy meals. I'm so glad iHerb offered this as a sample and I tried it. This is an essential companion to every meal I have.

Great product

Posted by thesvetlana on Jun 12, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Great product for proactive health, for people with IBS or who easily get upset stomach. It helps balance out your intestinal tract and stomach enzymes when taken before every meal. My Doctor who practices East and West medicine recommended this to me and it really helps.

Daiy essential enzymes do the trick.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 12, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I love this stuff. It completely eliminates indigestion without antacids that might mess up the digestive system more. This stuff just seems to break down what ever is not being digested well. For me its sugar but friends use it for milk and spicy food. Before I found Daiy essential Enzymes I spent many nights sleeping up in a chair. No more.

Essential Enzymes

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 23, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I realize that one cannot eat cooked food or hard to digest items without digestive enzymes. This product supplies an excellent digestive aid at a most affordable cost-Don't leave the dining room table without taking them!!